Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dotagious
    • Oct 2001

Logging In

A few of my users are having trouble because everytime they do something on my site, they have to login each time. They all have cookies set... so I can't figure out what would be causing it. Any ideas?
  • Sinecure
    • Jul 2001

Its got to be something with the cookies.. I think this wiould also be better suited in the Troubleshooting and Problems forum..
    Board of the Month: November
    Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
    Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
    vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Moving to Troubleshooting.....

What do you have set as your Cookie Domain in the Admin CP? Mne is left blank and my Members never have a problem.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Dotagious
        • Oct 2001

Mine is also left blank.

Comment

• Dotagious
          • Oct 2001

I entered my domain to see what would happen and it wouldn't let you log out even though logging out is suppost to clear the cookies. I'm confused as all hell.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Strange. I could see one or a few people having problems but not a lot. How many is a 'few' and how many users do you have overall? Is there any consistency to the browsers they are using? When you can't logout, this is usually an indication of a corrupted cookie. In this case you'll need to manually delete all the cookies for your site.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• tubedogg
              • Feb 2001

Changing the cookie domain will make it impossible to logout without manually removing your cookies because a cookie can only be deleted by the same domain that set it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...