X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eric ELM
    • Nov 2001

Email Verification Problems

I uploaded the vBulletin Version 2.2.1 Friday Nov. 30, but I'm having problems with the email verification. It will trip it to registered, but a few couldn't log in until I changed it to like moderator and submit and back to registered and submit. I call this manually tripping it, I'm sure there is a correct name for this. This is my first upload, so I'm not uploading updates. I have searched all over here for the solution to this problem.

I had about 7 members out of 202 have this problem. Is there a fix for this other than shutting off email verification?

Also I notice I have one forum I am using queue. If someone puts in the Inch (") in the main topic of a thread, it comes out &quote; instead of " but when I just tested it myself, it came out OK. It must have something to do with it going into queue, since if I post a new thread, it posts directly.

Thanks in advance
    Eric
  • Eric ELM
    • Nov 2001

After posting, I noticed what shows up as the thread title didn't come out right in the above post, so I will separate it. & quote ; is what shows up in the title of the thread for an inch sign. In the post, the title and in the post, it comes out right.

I also noticed you need the versions of MYSQL and PHP, since this was just installed, the server installed the latest versions of this on a new server. I'm not sure what software they are running, but I will try to find out if it is necessary to figure out this problem.

Comment

• Fusion
      • Aug 2001
      • 3.8.x

Eric, if you read my answer to your posts in the discussion thread, it'll lead you to a fix for the email verification issues.
      Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Eric ELM
        • Nov 2001

I did read that whole thread and I did not see a thing that had to do with my problem. They are talking about long email names, not about the problem of verification like I am having.

I read a lot about this software before we purchased it and I thought all the bugs were worked out with the 2.2.1 version. I am new to all of this and my eyes are crossed from reading through as many as 12 pages on a thread to find out at the end there is no fix.

I guess I will live with it now and I'm sorry to bother you, but thanks for trying to answer this.

Comment

• DrewryMedia
          • Oct 2010

my sistem is not sending out e-mail verification messages. How can I overcome this?
          DNN l Drewry l DNN on YouTube l DNN Web Links Library l Twitter

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

This thread is almost 10 years old. Please start a new thread in the appropriate forum.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...