Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jickyjak
    • Nov 2001

Email probs

It seems only certain emails work for new users signing up..in regards to the sending of a confirmation email etc.

I had to resort to a hotmail email addy to get it to work, and other test users have had to switch as well to either hotmail or something similar like that.

Can anybody suggest anything? I am running v2.2.1
  • WizyWyg
    • Jul 2001

Re: Email probs

Originally posted by jickyjak
    It seems only certain emails work for new users signing up..in regards to the sending of a confirmation email etc.

I had to resort to a hotmail email addy to get it to work, and other test users have had to switch as well to either hotmail or something similar like that.

Can anybody suggest anything? I am running v2.2.1
    check with your host if they disallow certain "domains" from accessing their website (or they dont allow anyone to email to those domains becuase of abuse from those domains). Since your forum is using their SMTP server, your users could be on domains being blocked by your host.

Another possibility is the other way around. YOUR domain could be being blocked by theirs.....(not your domain specifically, but the mail servers your domain uses, which is the servers used by your host).

My local isp wouldn't allow us to email or receive email from people who use zzn.com (free email) because of abuse on their servers.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

• tubedogg
      • Feb 2001

I've heard tell that AOL blocks VDI-based servers wholesale...Earthlink/Mindspring is pretty active at blocking servers as well.

Comment

• jickyjak
        • Nov 2001

I am not sure that emails are being blocked, becasue the emails being submitted are like [email protected] or other normal domain name type emails, none of which should be blocked.

Does vbulliten have a restriction on the number of chars after the @ symbol?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

I wonder if it's related to the problem in this thread:

This was fixed when using two periods, but I don't know what affect it has when a dash is used in the email address.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• tubedogg
            • Feb 2001

Originally posted by jickyjak
            I am not sure that emails are being blocked, becasue the emails being submitted are like [email protected] or other normal domain name type emails, none of which should be blocked.
            If your domain is being blocked, or as I mentioned with VDI, if your hosts' Network Operations Center is being blocked, it doesn't matter what's before the @.

Does vbulliten have a restriction on the number of chars after the @ symbol?
            No.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...