X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freehtml
    • Apr 2001
    • 4.1.x

The server is too busy at the moment pls. try again later

After I had upgraded to version 2.20 and import all my UBB 6.xx members data ...My member will always get this " The server is too busy at the moment pls. try again later" message

This does not happen to one but many members, although I personally did not encountered it before ..rather at other forum..

Here is some of my server info :

[PHP version ]
    PHP 4.0.6

[MySQL version ]

[Apache/webserver version ]
    Apache 1.3.20

[Server operating system]
    FreeBSD 4.3
    iHu6.com (BETA) - www.ihu6.com
  • George L
    Former vBulletin Support
    • May 2000
    • 3.8.x

sounds like you have in admin panel -edit options - server load limiting enabled

this function reads your server load averages or session limit that you set i.e. you might of set if the server load averages hit 4 or sessions reaches 100 users, then that message will apperar to users

if you're on a dedicated server you could turn that off or increase the limit but generally that is there to prevent your server crashing under too much load
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• freehtml
      • Apr 2001
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by eva2000
      sounds like you have in admin panel -edit options - server load limiting enabled

this function reads your server load averages or session limit that you set i.e. you might of set if the server load averages hit 4 or sessions reaches 100 users, then that message will apperar to users

if you're on a dedicated server you could turn that off or increase the limit but generally that is there to prevent your server crashing under too much load
      mine is on a share web host not dedicated..At 1st it is set to 20 session, I had increase it to 40 session now..
      iHu6.com (BETA) - www.ihu6.com

Comment

• etbliss
        • Dec 2003

Location in admin?

Originally posted by freehtml
        mine is on a share web host not dedicated..At 1st it is set to 20 session, I had increase it to 40 session now..

Im having the same problem.

Is that found in admin> options> in the *NIX Server Load Limit Box/Field?

Thomas

Comment

• queball721
          • Aug 2005

Thanks

I was just searching for info on this as I am having the same problem now, but it`s now fixed thanks
          gamerspride

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...