X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Problem with 'Last Visit' vs. 'Last Activity'

Running 2.2.0. I'm trying to find and prune all members with 0 posts and who haven't visited the forums in 180 days.

When I put these values into the Users -> Move/Prune option, I get a number of users who have in fact visited the forums more recently.

One case in point - the profile for one user shows this:

Last activity: 2001-10-11 19:22:05

This same problem is showing up with dozens of members. How is it possible that the last visit can be older than last activity? Does anyone know how to fix this?

By the way I should also note that it looks like all of these users were left over from the import and upgrade from my UBB forums.
    Last edited by Steve Machol; Sun 4 Nov '01, 6:34pm.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

• tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

Last visit is only changed when the user returns.

For example if I visit at 10am, then return at 11am, my last activity is 11am, but my last visit is 10am. Then if I return at 12pm, my last visit is now 11am, and my last activity is now 12pm. See?

Comment

• Steve Machol
      • Jul 2000

But in my example:

Last activity: 2001-10-11 19:22:05
      This user returned on 2001-10-11 (October 11, 2001) to read the forums. However the last visit shows as 2001-05-05 (May 5, 2001.) Why didn't last visit get updated to the date when he last visited? Furthermore, how can you have an 'activity' without visiting the forums?

Ok, I reread your message. It sounds like this really should be Last Visit and Previous Visit. However I happme to know for a fact that this person visited my forums plenty of times between 2001-05-05 and 2001-10-11. Last Visit in not being updated. How can I fix this?
      Last edited by Steve Machol; Sun 4 Nov '01, 6:50pm.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• tubedogg
        • Feb 2001

The last visit will (should) get updated to 2001-10-11 the next time he visits.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

Please read my edited post. Last Visit is not updating for many members that were imported from UBB.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • May 2000
            • 1.1.x

Actually lastvisit is updated anytime that the time between the lastactivity and now is greater than the cookie timeout. lastvisit is also set equal to lastactivity when the user logs out. Look at the UDPATE user code in sessions.php to see how it works.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

Perhaps it's still too early for me but I didn't quite understand that.

It sounds like 'Last Visit' is actually the 'Next to Last Visit' and 'Last Activity' is more properly the real 'Last Visit'.

Nonetheless as I said, lastvisit is not being updated for many of my members who were imported from UBB 5.45c. How do I fix this?

What I want to do is prune members who have '0' posts and haven't visited the forums in over 180 days. However, the search for 'Has not logged in for x days' searches through the lastvisit field rather than lastactivity. Since lastvisit isn't being updated properly this is resulting in a faulty search. Even if it were working, I would like the search to look at the lastactivity field since obviously this is more indicative of the last login than lastvisit.

How can I get this to work with lastactivity?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Pogo
                • May 2001

So with 2.3.3 to come is there a chance to use lastactivity to find and prune users?
                this is my sig

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

It's not nice to resurrect a 2 year old thread.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...