Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ]CkB[Cowboy
    • Jul 2001

2.0.3 forums not working

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT template,title
    FROM template
    WHERE (title IN ('forumhome_birthdaybit','error_nopermission','forumhome_pmloggedin','forumhome_welcometex t','forumhome_logoutcode','forumhome_newposts','forumhome_todayposts','forumhome_logincode ','forumhome_loggedinuser','forumhome_loggedinusers','forumhome_lastpostby','forumhome_mod erator','forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost','forumhome_forumbit_level1_post','forumhome_for umbit_level2_nopost','forumhome_forumbit_level2_post','forumhome','forumhome_unregmessage' ,'timezone','username_loggedout','username_loggedin','phpinclude','headinclude','header',' footer','forumjumpbit','forumjump','nav_linkoff','nav_linkon','navbar','nav_joiner','pagen av','pagenav_curpage','pagenav_firstlink','pagenav_lastlink','pagenav_nextlink','pagenav_p agelink','pagenav_prevlink')
    AND (templatesetid=-1 OR templatesetid='1'))
    OR (title = 'maxloggedin')
    OR (title = 'birthdays')
    ORDER BY templatesetid
    mysql error: Got error 127 from table handler
    mysql error number: 1030
    Date: Thursday 01st of November 2001 04:11:48 PM
    Script: /ckb/forums/
    Referer:

.... I have NO idea what happened, it just started doing this!

Can anybody help me?

- Cowboy
  • ]CkB[Cowboy
    • Jul 2001

BTW, I talked to my web host's customer support, and they verified that mysql is working, as is php.

Also, the vB I am using is registered, version 2.0.3.

The inner sanctum from which Minions of Bob may drink deep of the blood of past, present and future sacrifices. And talk about games n' stuff.

I just read the "Format for reporting problems" post, so I am now including the extra info here:

PHP Version: 4.0.6
    MySQL Version: 3.23.32 (I think)
    Apache Version: 1.3.19 (I think)
    Server OS: Linux

Last edited by ]CkB[Cowboy; Thu 1 Nov '01, 1:52pm.

Comment

• tubedogg
      • Feb 2001

c:\mysql\bin>perror 127
      Error code 127: Unknown error
      127 = Record-file is crashed
      Grab repair.php from the 'extras' directory of the vBulletin zip file and upload it to your main forums directory. Go to it in a browser:
      The inner sanctum from which Minions of Bob may drink deep of the blood of past, present and future sacrifices. And talk about games n' stuff.

and follow the on-screen instructions.

Comment

• ]CkB[Cowboy
        • Jul 2001

It didn't do anything. I got a whole ton of "This table does not support check/repair/optimize" and it still gives the exact same error.

Any other things I can try?

Comment

• tubedogg
          • Feb 2001

You'll have to get your host (or you if you're on a dedicated server) to run myisamcheck.

Look for a post by eva2000 as he has a bunch of good links to articles/info on myisamcheck.

Comment

• ]CkB[Cowboy
            • Jul 2001

He ran it, it says there are no errors.

now, I get this:

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT template FROM template WHERE title='options'
            Date: Friday 02nd of November 2001 08:33:23 AM
            Script: /ckb/forums/repair.php?check=1&iterations=3

Warning: MySQL: Unable to save result set in /home2/www/rj3/ckb/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 93

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

... the error is a little different now ... but it still doesn't work.

Comment

• Hamma
              • Aug 2001
              • 3.6.x

hmm did u overwrite your old config.php?

Comment

• George L
                Former vBulletin Support
                • May 2000
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ]CkB[Cowboy
                He ran it, it says there are no errors.

now, I get this:

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT template FROM template WHERE title='options'
                Date: Friday 02nd of November 2001 08:33:23 AM
                Script: /ckb/forums/repair.php?check=1&iterations=3

Warning: MySQL: Unable to save result set in /home2/www/rj3/ckb/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 93

... the error is a little different now ... but it still doesn't work.
                nope your database is still corrupted as before... got error 127 table handler indicates table corruption..

since repair doesn't seem to work on your forum it must mean it' isn't mysql version 3.23.x but 3.22.x ?

you'd need to run isamchk for mysql 3.22.x or myisamchk for mysql 3.23.x

ask your host what version of mysql they are using and run the appropriate repair

details can be found at

- http://i4net.tv/marticle/get.php?act...le&articleid=4
                - http://i4net.tv/marticle/get.php?act...le&articleid=7
                - http://www.mysql.com/doc/T/a/Table_maintenance.html and links on that page
                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• ]CkB[Cowboy
                  • Jul 2001

ugh

Well, it IS MySQL 3.23.32, it has been for a while. it wasn't until yesterday that I had this problem.

I had my host run myisamchk .. and they determined that it was corrupted, but they just restored the database from a backup and it STILL has the error. The same error that I was getting from after when the tech support guy ran myisamchk:

<br>
                  <b>Warning</b>: MySQL: Unable to save result set in <b>/home2/www/rj3/ckb/forums/admin/db_mysql.php</b> on line <b>93</b><br>

<!-- Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT template FROM template WHERE title='options'
                  Date: Friday 02nd of November 2001 07:07:56 PM
                  Script: /ckb/forums/
                  Referer:
                  -->
                  </td></tr></table>
                  <p>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
                  Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.</p>An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="mailto:[email protected]">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p>We apologise for any inconvenience.</p>

I just paid them $50 to restore the database from a tape backup, and it still doesn't work. I'm starting to get a little concerned here. It is the right version of MySQL, repair.php from the 2.0.3 .zip file does NOT work, and my forums are still down.

help?

Comment

• Hamma
                    • Aug 2001
                    • 3.6.x

hmm. well personally I would try and create a new vB DB.. just too see if it works.. and then perhaps try and port your data into it?

dunno, I dont claim to be an expert
                    Last edited by Hamma; Fri 2 Nov '01, 4:50pm.

Comment

• George L
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • May 2000
                      • 3.8.x

Re: ugh

Originally posted by ]CkB[Cowboy
                      Well, it IS MySQL 3.23.32, it has been for a while. it wasn't until yesterday that I had this problem.

I had my host run myisamchk .. and they determined that it was corrupted, but they just restored the database from a backup and it STILL has the error. The same error that I was getting from after when the tech support guy ran myisamchk:

I just paid them $50 to restore the database from a tape backup, and it still doesn't work. I'm starting to get a little concerned here. It is the right version of MySQL, repair.php from the 2.0.3 .zip file does NOT work, and my forums are still down.

help?
                      that's probably because they backed up a corrupted database so all you did was restore a corrupted database.. when they detected corruption they should of repaired it and not restore a backup

repairing a database takes less than a few minutes to do anyway

but you need to bring down mysql to do the repair same with checking for corruption
                      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                        Former vBulletin Developer
                        • May 2000
                        • 1.1.x

If you are running 3.23.32 and repair.php won't work than your tables must still be in isam forum instead of myisam. Ask your host to convert your tables to myisam which would probably fix your corruption. If they say "we don't know how" than I would look for a new host.

Comment

• ]CkB[Cowboy
                          • Jul 2001

When I went through this on the phone with them, he said he was running myisamcheck, and that it went through the whole thing and found an error. Then he ran it again, and it found no errors.

The weird thing is that before he ran myisamcheck, I could at least get to my control panel and see the settings in there. After he ran it once, I couldn't even do that anymore.

Is any of this indicative of it being in isam versus myisam database?

He never said anything about that, but he did tell me he tried to repair it, and couldn't.

Am I making sense here? I'm so confused right now..

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                            Former vBulletin Developer
                            • May 2000
                            • 1.1.x

Again, if repair.php doesn't work and you are running 3.23.32 than your database tables haven't been converted to myisam. If they were converted than your problems would probably go away. Send me phpmyadmin access and I will do it.

Comment

• ]CkB[Cowboy
                              • Jul 2001

Unfortunately, i'm just hosted by them - I do have shell access, but not root-level shell access. If you can make the change with just my regular access, let me know and I'll give you the info to log in.

Other wise, let me know so I can ask my host to do it.

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...