Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xube
    • Oct 2001

But do I have to....?

On the Control Panel Homepage, I don't see a place to log-out when I'm finished editing my board characteristics. My question is.. do I need to log out... or will closing the CP window (in Explorer or Netscape) be enough to require a password entry again when the CP is accessed the next time. Thanks if anyone has an idea 'bout this.

Xube
    ...it's just technology
    :p -=Xube ®
    ...it's just technology
  • Chen
    • Jun 2001

a) You can always log out from the forums (member.php?action=logout). It uses the same cookies, so loggin out there will also log you out from the Admin CP.

b) You will probably need to enter your password again in the CP after exiting. I don't know the exact timeout though... but no, you don't have to log out every time.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• tubedogg
      • Feb 2001

Closing the window will log you out.

Comment

• samtha25
        • Feb 2001

Originally posted by tubedogg
        Closing the window will log you out.
        It doesn't here. I recently discovered that even after closing my browser that when I went back to the admin cp, I was not prompted for a login and could work on the board without any authentication. I've also had the admin cp window open but idle for long past the 900 seconds timeout and been able to return it without having to log in again.

Comment

• WizyWyg
          • Jul 2001

Are you behind a proxy sever/firewall ?
          There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

• tubedogg
            • Feb 2001

Originally posted by samtha25
            I've also had the admin cp window open but idle for long past the 900 seconds timeout and been able to return it without having to log in again.
            The cookie timeout is not applicable to this cookie.

Comment

Working...