How do I find out my database name and database username and password?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gutspiller
    • Aug 2001

How do I find out my database name and database username and password?

I was trying to find that one file that I had to put this info into when I first installed my forum, but I can't seem to remember what the name of the file was. I was pretty sure it held all this info that I am requesting for. If not can somebody tell me how to find this info. I need to move my forums to a new server and the host says they will do it, but I need to get them this info.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • Chen
    • Jun 2001

It's in config.php, that in your admin folder.

Be sure to make a backup of your database before anyone touches it.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• demolishman
      • Mar 2007

I am looking for the same file... There is no admin folder, only admincp.
      And in admincp there is no config.php

I need to delete a few databases, but first I want to make sure I know exatly wich one is the vbulletin before droping things out.

I have three databases right now: vbulletin, bulletin, and vvbulletin =P

Comment

• ManagerJosh
        • Jun 2002

You might want to start a "new thread" next time instead of reviving a thread back from 2001.

In any case, the fact that your admin folder is named "admincp" suggests that you are using vBulletin 3. Check your "includes" folder for config.php
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...