how do i change the thread order from OLDEST to NEWEST?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • synergy
    • Oct 2001

how do i change the thread order from OLDEST to NEWEST?

i want to change the thread order from oldest to NEWEST. DESCENDING. How do i change that?
  • orca
    • Mar 2001
    • 5.5.x

In your Admin CP->Change Options->Thread Display Options. Just at the top.
    Ueli

Comment

• Chen
      • Jun 2001

synergy, please enter your license information in your profile. See my sig for more info. Thanks!
      Chen Avinadav
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• Drummerworld
        • Sep 2007

Where is change option - dont find it...

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Look for the Thread Display settings in vBulletin Options. This sets the default view mode for new members:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Thread Display Mode -> Linear - Newest First

To reset options for existing users:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Automatic Query -> Posts - Newest First

Then click on 'Continue'.

And finally to do this just for yourself:

User CP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options -> Thead Display Mode -> Linear - Newest First
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• qbonoguy
            • Mar 2005
            • 3.5.x

I see in Execute SQL Queries how to change the Post Order to Newest first or Oldest first, but where do I set the Thread Display Order to Linear - Newest First? (vb 3.7.0) I see how to change the Thread Display to Linear, but not Linear - Newest First... I know you can do it in UserCP, but how would I do it through for all forum users via Execute SQL Queries?

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
              • Feb 2005
              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by qbonoguy
              I see in Execute SQL Queries how to change the Post Order to Newest first or Oldest first, but where do I set the Thread Display Order to Linear - Newest First? (vb 3.7.0) I see how to change the Thread Display to Linear, but not Linear - Newest First... I know you can do it in UserCP, but how would I do it through for all forum users via Execute SQL Queries?
              You would first need to create a thread in correct version forum, as this is 3.0.x and you are needing information to version 3.7.0.

Comment

• qbonoguy
                • Mar 2005
                • 3.5.x

Oops... thanks Jose... I was trying to do the right thing and search first but it's nearly impossible to find what you're looking for with vb search... thanks!

Comment

• appsfinder
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 4.1.x

need bit more help? not working for me on vb4 test site i want guest to see newest post first
                  how do i do a Manual Query eg: what do i type in to do Post - Newest First for guests

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Aug 2002
                    • 5.7.X

I'd post in a vB4 forum rather than a vB2 one if you're needing help...
                    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...