Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Derek Fermstad
    • Jan 2006

mySQL db error after export and import on new server

I ran an export from phpMyAdmin on a hosted server account, and then had to run bigdump.php on my server to get the data onto my server. Of course I also ftp-ed the exact vbulletin files that I had working on the hosted server. (I believe it was vbulletin 2.3).

Now I am getting a mySQL error:
    Database error in vBulletin 2.3.0:

Invalid SQL: SELECT user.*, style.templatesetid
    FROM subscribethread,user,usergroup
    LEFT JOIN style ON (IF(user.styleid=0, 1, user.styleid)=style.styleid)
    WHERE subscribethread.threadid='5593'
    AND subscribethread.userid=user.userid
    AND usergroup.usergroupid=user.usergroupid
    AND user.userid<>'465'
    AND user.usergroupid<>'3'
    AND usergroup.canview = 1
    AND user.lastactivity>'1238005700'
    mysql error: Unknown column 'user.styleid' in 'on clause'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Wednesday 25th 2009f March 2009 01:29:02 PM
    Script: http://forums.crazyspeed.com/
    Referer: http://www.crazyspeed.com/crazyspeed...&threadid=5593

Any ideas if maybe something went wrong in my export or import, maybe some kind of export setting. I looked at both the source mySQL db that I exported, and the newly imported db (both using phpMyAdmin) and the stlyeid column looks to be there and identical in both dbs.

Any ideas?
  • Derek Fermstad
    • Jan 2006

by the way....

This is happening when I try to submit a REPLY to any thread.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

That older version of vB is not compatible with the newer versions of PHP and MySQL running on this server. You will need to upgrade vB to fix this.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Derek Fermstad
        • Jan 2006

thanks...

Steve,

I do understand the older version of vbulletin is not compatible with the newer mysql and php, and that it's no longer supported whatsoever.

But here is the problem, right now I can't get the upgrade process to work because of another related php problem I'm having. So in the meantime I'm trying to at least get my old version running, until I can get the php issue worked out, and then go through the upgrade process.

Check out this other thread I posted in another forum here, it explains in detail the problem I'm having with PHP.

I guess I was hoping that this mysql db error was something that could be resolved and I could get this older version of vbulletin running on my server for my users while I continue working on getting everything working smoothly in the new version and then go through the upgrade process.

At the very least, can you tell me which versions of php and mysql I should install and run in order to get the older vbulletin working for now, in order to avoid this mysql db error?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

I cannot make that old version of vB run on this server. Your only option is to either upgrade vB, or downgrade PHP and MySQL. I suggest using the same versions that were installed on the old server. That way you know they will work.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...