X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scuzzi
    • Mar 2009

Upgrading 2.2.8 to 2.2.9, so we can upgrade to 3.6

Hi All,

I am trying to upgrade a VERY old version (2.2.8) to the latest 3.8.1 version. I was advised to upgrade to 3.6 first but the upgrade script requires 2.2.9 or later.

This is a long shot, but does anyone have the script to upgrade the 2.2.8 database to 2.2.9 so that we can upgrade to 3.6 and then 3.8.

I tried using impex but it didn't do everything, and lost a lot of permissions.

Thanks,
    Rob
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

You shouldn't need to use Impex for upgrading one version to another?

Have you tried downloading version 2.3.5 from the Members area?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Scuzzi
      Hi All,

I am trying to upgrade a VERY old version (2.2.8) to the latest 3.8.1 version. I was advised to upgrade to 3.6 first but the upgrade script requires 2.2.9 or later.

This is a long shot, but does anyone have the script to upgrade the 2.2.8 database to 2.2.9 so that we can upgrade to 3.6 and then 3.8.

I tried using impex but it didn't do everything, and lost a lot of permissions.

Thanks,
      Rob
      Impex should never be used for upgrades. Its not ment as an upgrade tool. Download 2.3.5 and upgrade, then upgrade to 3.6, then upgrade to 3.8.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...