Make vBulletin 3 look like and work like vBulletin 2...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Creepshow
    • May 2005
    • 3.5.x

Make vBulletin 3 look like and work like vBulletin 2...

Any way?...
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!
  • Dilly
    • Mar 2005

Edit the templates and reupload the vb2 images.

Comment

• RichM
      • Jan 2003
      • 4.0.x

Not that it's any of my business, but why would you want to do that?

Comment

• Kitebu
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by RichM
        Not that it's any of my business, but why would you want to do that?
        Some people, myself included, prefer the look/feel of vBulletin 2.x. In general I dislike the glossy "web 2.0" sort of direction websites are going. Gradients and fancy images and so on are nice, but there's something to be said for the retro-ish feel vBulletin 2.x had.

Comment

• RichM
          • Jan 2003
          • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Kitebu
          Some people, myself included, prefer the look/feel of vBulletin 2.x. In general I dislike the glossy "web 2.0" sort of direction websites are going. Gradients and fancy images and so on are nice, but there's something to be said for the retro-ish feel vBulletin 2.x had.
          Each to their own I guess.

Personally I'd ask myself what would appeal more to prospective users, and would base my decision on that, while taking into account our target audience at the same time. (young adults)

Comment

• Creepshow
            • May 2005
            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Kitebu
            Right, exactly.
            "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

It would take an extreme ammount of work to maintain. I would suggest possibly getting comfortable with a more updated look.

Comment

• scottphphq
                • Nov 2005

I just recently upgraded from vb2 mostly because the look and feel of vb3 just seemed bulky and ugly. What helped alot was using the cleaner vb2 images (search for vbuttonPro and download the developers pack) and changing the postbit template to having the username to the left of the users post instead of above. After those two basic changes I was happy and my users stopped complaining.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

Could look at this for a starting block....

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...