X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark Hewitt
    • Apr 2000
    • 4.1.x

Archiving vb2 database

I have still have a vb2 forum which is not currently being used; when I upgraded to vb3 the server had issues doing the upgrade so I started afresh. But that still leaves me with 6 years of posts in a vb2 database, currently accessed using a copy of vb2.

I'd like to get rid of the vb2 database if possible and archive everything into flat files, or similar.

Is there a way of doing that?

Cheers
    Motorsport Forums
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

You can import vB2.3.x into vB3.x using ImpEx then either set the imported forums to read only by editing the forums and disallowing new posts in those forums, or move the imported threads into the forums with your current data. It is not possible to save vBulletin data to flat files.

Comment

• Mark Hewitt
      • Apr 2000
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne
      You can import vB2.3.x into vB3.x using ImpEx then either set the imported forums to read only by editing the forums and disallowing new posts in those forums, or move the imported threads into the forums with your current data. It is not possible to save vBulletin data to flat files.
      I'd made modifications to the vb2 database which has made it impossible to import into anything.

I guess I'll keep the current situation then.
      Motorsport Forums

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

If you have two installations of vBulletin then this requires two licenses. If you do not have the appropriate number of licenses then you need to either remove one of the installations or purchase an additional license.

Comment

• Mark Hewitt
          • Apr 2000
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne
          If you have two installations of vBulletin then this requires two licenses. If you do not have the appropriate number of licenses then you need to either remove one of the installations or purchase an additional license.
          OH! It's like that is it. That's just great. I come in here asking for help and then get told I have to stop what I'm doing. Held a licence since practically day one of vBulletin's operations and that's the attitude I get. .
          Motorsport Forums

Comment

• peterska2
            • Oct 2003
            • 3.7.x

It clearly says in the license agreement that each license is for one installation only and that multiple installations require multiple licenses. By your comment it is clear that you do not have the appropriate number of licenses. You need to either purchase the required number of licenses, or remove the unlicensed sites immediately.

You can read the license agreement here:

Comment

• Mark Hewitt
              • Apr 2000
              • 4.1.x

The second installation is not a working forum, it is no more than an archive of old posts because your conversion script did not work. So you are saying to me my members now cannot access posts before the vb3 conversion?!

I find your request completely unreasonable and not compliant at all with the spirit of the licence agreement.

That being said I'm only running one installation currently anyway.

It's sad to see what Jelsoft has become since the early days.
              Motorsport Forums

Comment

• peterska2
                • Oct 2003
                • 3.7.x

Having more installations online at any one time than licenses is not allowed with the license agreement. If you do not have the appropriate number of licenses then you need to either remove one of the installations or purchase an additional license. Even if an installation is a read only forum, it still requires its own license.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...