X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hoopsta
    • Feb 2001

Moderators, etc.

okay, another stupid Q.

How does a moderator check for messages that need moderation, and then give approval for the thread to be added to the site? Is there a control panel I'm not seeing?

Hoopsta
  • FWC
    • Jul 2001

You need to go to the mod CP. It's in youdomain/forums/mod/.
    FWC
    White Sox Interactive Forums

Comment

• hoopsta
      • Feb 2001

I don't understand. How do I or any of my members access the MOD CP? Is it on the web site? Or do they need to type in the URL?

Comment

• FWC
        • Jul 2001

It's in the mod folder in your vBulletin folder. You access it the same way as you do the admin cp. You have to enter the url for it.
        FWC
        White Sox Interactive Forums

Comment

• hoopsta
          • Feb 2001

thanks,

but when I do that, it just pulls up a blank screen.

Test:

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

AS FWC says:

...assuming you set up vB in the forums directory of course.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• hoopsta
              • Feb 2001

thanks. takes me a few times. my baud rate in my head is about 5 tonight

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Originally posted by hoopsta
                thanks. takes me a few times. my baud rate in my head is about 5 tonight

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• hoopsta
                  • Feb 2001

everything works fin at my moderation panel except for the BAN and the USERS buttons. This is the error that I get:Internal

Server Error
                  The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
                  Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I have my moderator options set so that the moderator can ban users. (I assume this means baning from that specific forum, not the entire site- true?)

Thanks for your speedy help!

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Try reuploading and over-writing mod/index.php to see if that fixes the error.

A ban is for the entire forums. There is no option in vB to ban automatically someone from just one forum. You would need to do this through access masks in the Admin CP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Dave Baker
                      • Jul 2000

Maybe I am not seeing it, but the moderator control panel does not seem to be addressed in the documentation anywhere. Seems like it oughta be.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...