Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brooke
    • Sep 2001

error message when importing from ubb6

I got all the way to the private message import section and ran into this error:

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel: Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO privatemessage
    (privatemessageid,folderid,userid,touserid,
    fromuserid,title,message,dateline,
    showsignature,iconid,messageread,readtime,
    receipt,deleteprompt,multiplerecipients,importpmid)
    VALUES (
    '',
    '0',
    '',
    '',
    '',
    'Jaubert Microcean',
    '09-08-2001',
    '-1',
    'hey brooke....

funny that it would error out at my PM's!! I even went it and deleted them and tried again, but that didn't work.

Is there any way to continue importing?? All I really care about is members and threads.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Brooke
  • Mike Sullivan
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.6.x

That query looks ok offhand -- to see the actual error we need the whole message (specifically the end).

Comment

• Brooke
      • Sep 2001

well...IE crashed on me and now the page with the error is gone. Hmmm...should I start over again from the beginning or am I going to be duplicating everything. Is there a way I can start with that section??

Thanks-
      Brooke

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
        • Apr 2000
        • 3.6.x

Theoretically, it would be possible to restart where you were, but I'm not sure exactly what syntax *you* would need to use (we'd need to know exactly what you had imported so far).

So I'd have to recommend restarting the import -- you'll probably want to wipe out what was imported so far by going to: ..../admin/bbimport.php?action=reset

Comment

• Brooke
          • Sep 2001

ok...that reset helped me get past the PM error....I made it through everything, but no threads moved

Unfortunately I'm using a 6.1 beta version right now...so maybe it was pulling an old 6.x file for the threads.

Can I manually get them on the mysql server.

Thanks for your help!

Brooke

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
            • Apr 2000
            • 3.6.x

Well, that's the problem -- the 6.1 beta changed the threads file format, so the threads aren't imported. I don't know if it's possible, but if you can generate a 6.0x based thread format (reupload the files?), you should be able to import the threads.

Comment

• Brooke
              • Sep 2001

OK, maybe others can benefit from this if they were also running 6.1 beta

I downgraded to 6.05 (look at the ubb support forum under ubb6.0 how do I? for a thread about downgrading)

Then i reinstalled vbulletin. That worked very well. Unfortunately a few of my archives and forums did not move over, but my main forum did. I'll probably just redo the threads that are missing...but this will be a pain. If you want to have a look go to http://www.thereeftank.com/forum/index.php

Overall, i'm very impressed with the ability to customize, and all the great features!!

Thanks-
              Brooke

Comment

• dRiFT
                • Nov 2002

I've got the same problem with importing private messages. The addslashes() method is called in the import code but for some reason the actual message body doesn't get slashes added, resulting in an SQL error if the message had single quotes in it.

----------------------------------

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.8:

Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO privatemessage
                (privatemessageid,folderid,userid,touserid,
                fromuserid,title,message,dateline,
                showsignature,iconid,messageread,readtime,
                receipt,deleteprompt,multiplerecipients,importpmid)
                VALUES (
                '',
                '0',
                '2',
                '2',
                '10',
                'New e-mail address...........',
                '00000001',
                '-1',
                '00000001',
                'I've changed my e-mail address.<br />My old one was [email protected], my new one is<br />[email protected].<p>Can you please change this.<p>THANKS',
                '1',
                '',
                '',
                '',
                '',
                '1'
                )
                mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 've changed my e-mail address.<br />My old one was [email protected], my new one' at line 16

mysql error number: 1064

Comment

• dRiFT
                  • Nov 2002

...and the warning which flashes up really quickly when importing pms(but causes no error) is:

"Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in <path to forum>\imports\bbimport_ubb6.php on line 1336"

(I've purposely substituted the actual forum path with <path to forum> in the above)

This occurs very often.

Comment

• dRiFT
                    • Nov 2002

After further investigation there's a problem with bbimport_ubb6.php . When it reads the private messages from the UBB files it extracts fields incorrectly and puts something else into the message field, with the actual message being inserted into $privatemessage['icon']. The icon id isn't passed through addslashes() and so it causes an SQL error.

Please can we have a fix for this?

PS - I'm importing from UBB Classic version 6.1.0.2 if that helps.
                    Last edited by dRiFT; Wed 13 Nov '02, 8:20am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

Fill out a support ticket at:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• dRiFT
                        • Nov 2002

OK, sent.

Comment

• dRiFT
                          • Nov 2002

Originally posted by dRiFT
                          OK, sent.
                          I'm glad that we didn't wait for the import script to be fixed, and sorted things out for ourselves. I received an initial response 2 weeks after I contacted support but have heard nothing since. That was 2.5 months ago.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                            • Aug 2000

...and the warning which flashes up really quickly when importing pms(but causes no error) is:

"Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in <path to forum>\imports\bbimport_ubb6.php on line 1336"

(I've purposely substituted the actual forum path with <path to forum> in the above)

This occurs very often.
                            This is related to your version of PHP handling function calls differently than when the importer was written. You can eliminate this message by telling PHP not to report non-critical errors.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                              • Aug 2000

After further investigation there's a problem with bbimport_ubb6.php . When it reads the private messages from the UBB files it extracts fields incorrectly and puts something else into the message field, with the actual message being inserted into $privatemessage['icon']. The icon id isn't passed through addslashes() and so it causes an SQL error.

Please can we have a fix for this?

PS - I'm importing from UBB Classic version 6.1.0.2 if that helps.
                              Can you tell me what your magic_quotes settings are in PHP? I am trying to troubleshoot this issue but it is difficult without UBB data .
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Working...