Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soceris
    • Aug 2001

Adminship!!!!

ok if i wanted to make a member an admin to help me with teh site is there any way that they can take over the site??? Can they for example take away my admin status etc......?????? I am the owner and need help but can't take risks!!!
  • Mike Sullivan
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.6.x

Admins don't have checks on each other, so, yes, that could potentially happen. Although, IMO, if you're thinking this person might become corrupt/disgruntled, he shouldn't be an admin.

Comment

• JamesUS
      • Aug 2000

If you make someone else an Admin, they have full power to do whatever they want to your forums, including taking away your administrator status.

You shouldn't really make anyone that you don't completely trust an admin; anyone else should be a super moderator or normal moderator. If you want them to have more power, then you can slightly adapt the Moderator Control Panel to give them what you want.

Comment

• Mark Hewitt
        • Apr 2000
        • 4.1.x

I have made other people admins but I am only only one who holds they keys to the mySQL database. So if I suddenly became unadmined I would just go back into the database and turn myself back on.

Then dispose of the person responsible?
        Motorsport Forums

Comment

• Platinum
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
          Admins don't have checks on each other, so, yes, that could potentially happen. Although, IMO, if you're thinking this person might become corrupt/disgruntled, he shouldn't be an admin.
          good advice!

Comment

• Chen
            • Jun 2001

Although you CAN view what he's doing with the admin log. Just don't forget to give you and only you access to view/prune it.
            Chen Avinadav
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...