Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crud2009
    • Sep 2007

How secure is 2.3.11

Well I was playing around with VB 2.3.11 and I really like it. It's just so simple. I was wondering if it is secure to use it on a live site. I'm guessing it's not, but I just want to get an official response.

• Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Its not unsecure, but its not kept up to date nor has it been patched at all recently.

Comment

• NegativeSmoke
      • Apr 2008

If you want a more secured version but an older one of vBulletin, I would say try using 3.0.11 or 3.5.x

2.3.11 hasn't been updated in a long time.

Comment

• crud2009
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by NegativeSmoke
        If you want a more secured version but an older one of vBulletin, I would say try using 3.0.11 or 3.5.x

2.3.11 hasn't been updated in a long time.
        Well the thing is 3.0.11's design is so similar to 3.6 and 3.7, while 2.3.X is much much different then any of the new versions of Vbulletin.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

vB 2.3.11 is also no longer officially supported.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• NegativeSmoke
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by crud2009
            Well the thing is 3.0.11's design is so similar to 3.6 and 3.7, while 2.3.X is much much different then any of the new versions of Vbulletin.
            you can re-design them to look/feel like 2.3.11 though. I would say if you're gonna do that, use 3.6.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...