5 Gold Stars?? vB's Thread Rating system is rather inaccurate...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hooper
    • Apr 2001
    • 3.5.x

Lol.... Now that is funny...

I have now determined that this thread is deserving of the Honorable Hooper Excellence Award (HHEA) and now announce a 5 star rating for excellence in communication skills.

You just don't get a bigger vote than that. Am I still an imbacile? Lol
    Last edited by Hooper; Thu 20 Sep '01, 12:32pm.

Comment

• theflow
      • Jul 2001

Originally posted by Hooper
      now announce a 5 star rating for excellence in communication skills. ... Am I still an imbacile?
      It is wise and good when one recognizes the errors of one's ways, as you have so well demonstrated. Do not be alarmed, however, at the presence of the word "demon" embedded in the word "demonstrate. I assure you there is no correlation, but take comfort in knowing that as so ye sow, ye shall reap, thus your new-found enlightenment regarding the quality of this thread shall serve as inspiration to a generation of others who may follow in your path -- yes, frightened and without guidance, initially, but given the slightest bit of direction, rising so magnificently to the occasion. Thusly we live and learn and pass it on, and seek the day when all quality posts and threads shall be judged not by the colors of their avatars buy by the character of their content.

And yes, though you move with such haste down the path of vB enlightenment, I am afraid you still are an imbecile, as am I too, for neither of us knows the correct spelling of the word:

Comment

• Hooper
        • Apr 2001
        • 3.5.x

Grasshooper sought for wisdom and knowledge and he did find it.

Master he did ask, What is the meaning of this great knowledge that I seek?

Am I closer to finding the reason for being a true inbacile (imbasill,embacill, imabasil,embacille)? And he answered that he too was that word. For he too, could not utter the word and scribe these meanings into a writing of understanding. And the word was of great power and admonishment henceforth for although spoke and spelled as a child of no meaningful words, They set out together, One Master of Wisdom, and one grasshooper, to conquor the thread and to gain the meanings of wisdom. And on that day one did vote. The news was spread throughout the land of vBulletin, that the thread was not of uselessness, but of great power and wisdom. A new knowledge was gained by the mighty men of understanding, for go with "theflow" was now sought by men of great power.

On that day a new meaning was known, that theflow was the master, and wisdom was given unto grasshooper from him. May all mighty men find the knowledge I did find in this place. For there is no greater knowledge given to man than that of master and grasshooper being one, being of wisdom and understanding, and being inbicells (imbacels, imbecells, imbails).
        Last edited by Hooper; Thu 20 Sep '01, 2:26pm.

Comment

• theflow
          • Jul 2001

Originally posted by Hooper
          On that day a new meaning was known
          And the vote was tallied among us.

Let he who castesth not his or her vote be held to ridicule by the forces that be, and may he be last but not first in the eyes of those who might Moderate the wisdom of vB.

Comment

• Hooper
            • Apr 2001
            • 3.5.x

And again did grasshooper come unto the wise one.

But master, why did ye tally thee votes with the knowledge that I alone gave thee a vote of 5 stars? Did ye not chastise mine ownself into condemnation for threads that I scribed in times past?
            Hath not mine own vote of encouragement define thy moment of power?

Master,
            I seek thy reply, why must thee tally thy votes at a time of confusion? Why must we lower beneath the dung of the voters that not be?
            Last edited by Hooper; Thu 20 Sep '01, 2:38pm.

Comment

• theflow
              • Jul 2001

For it is written that on this day there are but 9 votes and of that number some would seek to condemn this thread with a vote of 1, and thus reduce its luminance and power to shine upon this, our vB path. Cast outeth those who would misunderstand, and seek to draw in those who would find nourishment at the bosom of this thread. I am but one vote and but one vote ameth I. So too are you yet there are those who vote two. Seek not to gain the reply of such imbecilic scribings for it is too written that those who flow from yonder lands have not the power to tally, for that alone rests within the realm of Kier.

Lo, quell thy fevered brain from contemplations of recognition and focus thy heart on one's path ahead, for it is there that stars shall guide and votes shall be cast. And be content with thineself and the knowledge that ye shall never pass this way again, thus cast ye gold stars with no fears of condemnation. Rate not those who would not rate you, lest they cast the first vote, and in thine heart be true and know that one day ye shall too join in the house of Kier and shall share in the mystery of his system which takes but two votes yet yields 5 stars.

Comment

• Hooper
                • Apr 2001
                • 3.5.x

I humble myself before the powers of thine great wisdom master. May your waters be blessed with great fishes and thine house of laced with fine linen. Your words are of comfort for in confusion of mine own soul do they give light and new measures. The confusion that had been ceases and the awe of thine words consumed. May thine words spread more over the land of vbulletin and the threads that ye touch be blessed again with votes of the wise.

May the wise man Kier be of mercy and not comdemn the words of thine sayings nor not one of his fingers be moved towards a finality of the words that ye shall scribe moreover. For now is the day that I grasshooper must find my own way, to never forsake these sayings, and add again to those less enlightened. May the imbassol be with you.

Comment

• theflow
                  • Jul 2001

Originally posted by Hooper May the imbassol be with you.
                  And with you too. Go now in peace to love and spread the news, for thine kingdom awaits not of gold stars or ratings one would bestow upon you, but of one's own gold stars blazing eternally within one's heart. May you find many worthy threads devoid of such imbecilic content as this one, and long may the keepers of vB stoke the flames of the eternal mystery of 10 votes, 3.4 average, 4 stars, 21 replies and 231 views.

Comment

• Chen
                    • Jun 2001

Wow, Richard is in good mood.
                    Anyway, I rated this thread 5 so you won't yell at me.
                    Chen Avinadav
                    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• theflow
                      • Jul 2001

What a joke vB Ratings are!

They actually have their thresholds here set to a minimum of 1 vote before displaying a 5-star rating. Thus, the following thread, as of this timestamp, rates 5 gold stars though only 1 person has voted, likely Bobbi, the thread starter. So vB doesn't even check against rating your own thread?.

Jesus, maybe my thread ought to moved into the Bugs forum. It really does border on nonsensical.

Comment

• Hooper
                        • Apr 2001
                        • 3.5.x

And grasshoppa arises from a stream when he heard the master yelping in the land of vBulletn,

But master, have you not said in times past that it was not good for wise men to mock those of less forutune? Does not the great writer of the stars hurt for a mightier quill and ink? They have scribed this great work, but yet does not just a small part of it lack what thou desire? I also desire for the stars to be of greatness. I also desire that I cast a vote that counteth. But why then must a vote of one give a rating of five? I also desire to gain knowledge of the mysteries of stars, for it is true, the stars are cast to five with a vote of one. How shall this be justified?

Master, I looked to not come this way again until I heard the cries in the wilderness. The moarn of my master that hast casteth another vote amiss.

As the sun rises from the east I, grasshoppa, will be in the vally gathering gold from the stream. But as the sun falleth I shall return to the land of vBulletin in hopes to find the words of my great one scribed in this place for me.
                        Last edited by Hooper; Wed 26 Sep '01, 4:42am.

Comment

• theflow
                          • Jul 2001

For it is written that when one vote is sufficient to tilt a system, and consensus is deemed quaint but irrelevant, said tilt sends the world spinning oddly, wobbly, often irrevocably.

If the conundrum were the system capablity, then alas we are merely eyeballs to the fireball spinning madly. But lo, come hither, put thine ear to mine lips as I whisper the following five times in unison:

"King Midas has asses ears"

These shall be my gold stars of one.

Comment

• Hooper
                            • Apr 2001
                            • 3.5.x

And again truth is brought from the great one. Words that devour the ear and send a mighty message to the far corners of vBulletin land that a vote is seen through the eyes of the beholder. May all see what the great one has, and continue to find these words of wisdom written. Thou has been taught that King Midas does indeed have ears that are as large as the donkey. And thus five donkeys do give but one vote. Imbasill be with us.

Comment

• theflow
                              • Jul 2001

My favorite thread so far

Hi everybody, I'm Archie Bell & the Drells, from Houston Texas, and we not only sing, but we dance just as good as we walk... This is the music we tighten up with:

(I just voted this thread 5 gold stars -- it is my favorite thread on vB. And now, with my one vote, I have officially christened it a 5-gold star thread.)

"Thank you!"

(the crowd roars)

"Thank you ladies and gentlemen, thank you!"

(the crowd roars)

Comment

• Hooper
                                • Apr 2001
                                • 3.5.x

lol

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...