X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael
    • Apr 2000

vBulletin Sessions.

Hi,

I know that vBulletin uses sessions, and I think that they use there own system rather then the PHP4 method? I understand how this would work, as you generate a random string, add it to a database - and pass it along with every URL, and then you pass all the other stuff you want to remember in that DB.

What I don't understand is, how do you make the information in the Sessions table dissappear after a while? If the user just goes away - how do I make the entry in the DB dissappear. If they were to log off, I could understand, but some people just close the browser...

Thanks!

PS - This was directly related to vBulletin, as I want to know how vBulletin does it, as I want to understand how the sessions work on my forum; Please describe the process with code if possible, if not I should be able to figure it out from what you say.
    Michael Bray
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

Towards the bottom of admin/sessions.php there is a section that rids the session table of excess rows every 100 page views or so.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...