Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sjarrell
    • Aug 2001

Manually entering the date and time of a post

We are just setting up a new vBulletin board and we want to create a "What's New" section. I'd like to be able to put one thread in for each of the new items that we've released in the last 6 months with the date that they were released. I don't see any way to manually enter the date of a post.

If I need to go into the database directly to do this, how would I proceed, or is there an easier way?

Thanks,

Steve
  • Mike Sullivan
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.6.x

The easiest way would be to make the post, and note the postid it redirects you to after you make it (look at the URL).

Then, with phpMyAdmin, run:

select * from post where postid=#

where # is the postid.
    Click "edit" on the right and you'll see the dateline field (it's a unix timestamp -- number of seconds since Jan 1, 1970). You can edit the value then (if you need to find out when a date is, use the date() function -- www.php.net/date . The second argument is a unix timestamp).

Then try updating thread counters in your CP.

Comment

• sjarrell
      • Aug 2001

Thanks... will do!

Steve

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

ed, i don't know about other people... but i could definately make use of some sort of front end for editing post/thread dates. you might consider this for future versions as an additional admin priv.

Comment

• sjarrell
          • Aug 2001

If anyone is interested in doing this, I found an online calculator that makes it easy to calculate the number of seconds. Go to http://calendarhome.com/cgi-shl/date2.pl.

Steve

Comment

• tubedogg
            • Feb 2001

In my Admin Functions hack I provided a convert.php script which will convert dates & times to and from Unix Timestamp format. You don't even need to install anything to use it - just upload it to your admin directory and go to it in a browser:
            yoursite.com/forums/admin/convert.php?action=intro

Comment

• sjarrell
              • Aug 2001

Originally posted by tubedogg
              In my Admin Functions hack I provided a convert.php script which will convert dates & times to and from Unix Timestamp format. You don't even need to install anything to use it - just upload it to your admin directory and go to it in a browser:
              yoursite.com/forums/admin/convert.php?action=intro
              Excellent. Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...