Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SFNMutt
    • Oct 2005

Upgrading to 3.71 & ran in to problems on my 2.3 board

I'm currently working on upgrading my site from VB2.3 to VB 3.71. In the process the host upgraded the OS for me and is installing all the security updates. we just came back online and though I can see my site, we can't login.

it's not recognizing any of our logins. when trying to login to the user CP it brings you to the email password recovery form. when clicking into a forum it says no forum specified. when clicking into a thread, same thing not specified.

FYI, the new 3.71 site which is on the same set of servers is working fine.

I assumed that with the OS upgrade I might run into an issue here or there but I never thought it would kill the site.

anyway my question is will VB2.3 run on a system with
    * PHP 5.2.5
    * APC
    * MySQL 5

thanks in advance
  • SFNMutt
    • Oct 2005

thanks all. I'm in the process of moving to 3.71 but I need the old site running till then.

it's sorta working but certain pages won't. first issue i've found is online.php. it two locations it uses show() which doesn't work. for example.

Code:
        while ( list($key,$val)=each($guests) ) {
          $numberguests++;
          $onlinebits .= show($val);
        }
    if I comment out the show($val) line in both locations the page will load. it's not right but it loads. if i leave them in, I get an internal server error. I've gone all thru the show function and can't find the problem.

private messages & the user CP are having the same issue.

Comment

• SFNMutt
      • Oct 2005

I've narrowed the show() issue down to 1 line. it's the call to get whosonlinebit. ?!?! so I edited the template and if I remove all 3 vars $userinfo[where], $onlinebit_email, & $onlinebit_ip the page will load.

I'm throughly confused now

Code:
      <tr align="center">
          <td bgcolor="{firstaltcolor}" align="left"><normalfont>$linkedname $userinfo[hidden]</normalfont></td>
          <td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}" align="left" width=300><smallfont>$userinfo[where]</smallfont></td>
          <td bgcolor="{firstaltcolor}" nowrap><smallfont>$userinfo[time]</smallfont></td>
          $onlinebit_pm
          $onlinebit_email
          $onlinebit_ip
      </tr>

Comment

• SFNMutt
        • Oct 2005

the host did soemthing and now it works. not sure what it was.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...