X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArcticZero
    • Aug 2001

hmmm

register_globals enabled ... Failed!

I have seen this on 2 different peoples boards that I set up and in both cases it was releated to the host. Since they set up the mysql database they turned the global access options off... which inturn caused the install to fail.. I had one host redo the database with the global access on and it worked just fine. Though im not sure if this was simply the host or the error in globals enabled the board gave, but both boards intalled just fine you could post just fine but they both had ip loops... one ip loop stoped after the database was fixed the other did not since the host refused to turn the global access on for him. So check your data base options. and if it installed and you can post check the ip's of your members if it is tracking the local host ip for all of them it could be related...

Comment

• john2k
      • Jul 2000

I got this same message register_globals enabled ... Failed! even though my php.ini file had register_globals = On (using the Isapi version of php on Win2k/IIS). For the install I setup php files to use php.exe & no longer got that error. Then switched back to the Isapi version after the install & everything works fine.

Maybe this Failed message bug is only with the Isapi module.

- John
      ...john2k...

Comment

• JamesUS
        • Aug 2000

Re: Well....

Originally posted by Ping Production
        Ok.. I entered some information in there to make you happy...
        (althou I do not like being forced to, but in a way can see a
        reason.. *shrug*)

ENJOY
        I still can't see your license info

Comment

• Ping Production
          • Jul 2001

Um as I said... I shall be free! (my latest clients lic. info was there for a day) if the vbulletin developers wish to contact me via mail.. go for it (I will mail them back with a clients lic. information) .. but my licence info changes with every client.. so...
          *shrug*

Comment

• Kier
            Former Lead Developer, vBulletin
            • Sep 2000

Originally posted by Ping Production
            Um as I said... I shall be free! (my latest clients lic. info was there for a day) if the vbulletin developers wish to contact me via mail.. go for it (I will mail them back with a clients lic. information) .. but my licence info changes with every client.. so...
            *shrug*
            If you expect to receive any further support on these forums, please enter the details of one of your licences. If you do not, I'm afraid you will find your support requests being ignored.

This is the last time I will ask.
            *shrug*

Comment

• Ping Production
              • Jul 2001

Now that's just getting rude...
              I do not have a lic., as I do this work for others.. as I have stated before. So how can I go around with one in my profile? Lets not get rude about this. I said I would mail you a clients information..
              all you had to do was say "we did not see it the day it was there,
              please mail us". I have told clients to pay the extra for your software, but I will not do so in the future if this poor attitude continues..

ps: I mailed one of my latest clients information to kier.

Comment

• jackie
                • Aug 2001

On my VO account, my track_var enabled failed in 2.0.2 but install went ok..no problems with cpanel or posting.

Did a reinstall with 2.0.3 and track_var was enabled successfully.

Comment

• Nutcase
                  • May 2000

argh!

Ok... first of all, user # and password in my profile. Now please help. :P

I am trying to install a copy of vB on a dev server, which i am going to customize and migrate my existing forum to, and disable the currently running copy. Does that make sense?

In any case, I am experimenting, and having this issue with the install. I have run a phpinfo() call that says both track_vars and register_globals is set to on, but the installer says they are set to off. I am running php 4.0.2. I checked the INI file, and it too says it's set to on. I am not sure how to fix this.

Whats really really annoying is this: the dev server is a seperate account on the same physical machine as my live forums (using a completely different db and such, don't worry) - Those forums work fine, but this one's installer says its busted. Course, those went through the upgrade path from 1.xx to 2.0.3, and this one is a clean 2.0.3 install.

Anyway, PLEASE help. this is really annoying, getting stuck right at the start.

Comment

• Martin
                    • Apr 2000
                    • 3.5.x

have you tried going on with the installation? it's possible that it's just a little bug in the 4.0.2 you're running, or in the script itself.

It might not hurt to upgrade to PHP 4.0.6.
                    Webmaster:
                    @forumz

Comment

• Nutcase
                      • May 2000

well, i went on with the install, and it seemed to work ok. I can post, and use vB code, etc. So thats good, and everyone is happy. Its still a bit odd that it failed, since PHP reports it as enabled though...

In any case, I would like to upgrade the php to 4.0.6, but like I said, its just another account on my live forum's box. I don't mind closing the forums for the upgrade, but if I break PHP by installing the new version, i will be PISSED at myself, and will have essentially taken my whole mess of sites down at once.

That said, if i grab a rpm and install it, it /should/ just overwrite the old versions and upgrade, right? :P

I hate that I know debian and apt, but not rpms.. meanwhile my dedicated box is running redhat. one of these days, i may try to change that to debian. but i doubt it. :-/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...