Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TechTalk
    • Jul 2000

Still getting "ghost e-mails"

I am still getting messages from TONS of users saying they receive an e-mail saying someone replied to their thread, and when they get there, there is no reply.

On numerous occassions I have talked to the person whos name shows up on the e-mail as the one that replied, and they claimed they never replied to the thread.

In addition to all this I get alot of members who say the site stalls after pressing the submit new thread or reply to thread button, and then when they hit back on their browser their entire post is gone. Its to the point now, that people copy their message before pressing submit because they are afraid of losing it.

Check out all the complaints here:

Thanks alot
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

If the page reloads when the user hits back, their post will be gone. This can happen for a number of reasons, including no-cache headers, user cache settings, and just IE being stubborn. I've found there's no rhyme or reason to why or when it does it.

Comment

• dwh
      • Sep 2000
      • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

I've received emails to vb that there was a reply and there was none..

Comment

• TechTalk
        • Jul 2000

Originally posted by dwh
        I've received emails to vb that there was a reply and there was none..
        I know, and I think everyone has. They will try to say that someone posted a reply the deleted it but I know this is not the case because I have confirmed it. Myself and many others have received as many as 5 e-mails at one time saying the same person replied when really there is no replies at all.

Doesnt happen every time, but it happens and Ive had members tell me how mad they are about all these e-mails.

Something needs to be done

Comment

• dwh
          • Sep 2000
          • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

Those aren't the only email problems. Another is those darn emails from [email protected]. I've yet to see any documentation on how to get nobody@ to someone@...

I also have intermittent emails, somtimes they go out, sometimes they dont.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • May 2000
            • 1.1.x

Chris

We are unable to reproduce the problem (as of yet) and hence we can not fix it.

Comment

• TechTalk
              • Jul 2000

Well since I paid for a year of support ill go thru the support system and someone can get on my box and fix this bull****
              I also have problems with e-mailing users from the e-mail option in the CP, some times it times out, sometimes it sends half of them etc.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...