Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mbcguru
    • Jul 2001

Changing Vote in a Poll?

I thought I had seen an option somewhere to allow members to change their vote in a poll, but now I cannot find it. Is it there? I would like to set my polls so that once someone votes they can change their mind. Thanks ~ Heidi
    Free World Leader of the Internationally Renowned Militant Breastfeeding Cult.
    Are you a Proud Member?
    http://www.MilitantBreastfeedingCult.com/
  • RobAC
    • Jan 2001
    • 3.8.x

Admin CP -->Change Options --> under Forum Display Options near the bottom.
    Rob

Comment

• mbcguru
      • Jul 2001

The only thing I see there is
      Change Votes?
      Allow users to change their thread rating votes?
      That is set to yes and I think it's about the little rating stars, not the polls, isn't it?
      Are you a Proud Member?

Comment

• RobAC
        • Jan 2001
        • 3.8.x

Argh....yes, you're right. Sorry, my mistake. I read it fast in the Admin CP and in doing so, misinterpreted the option.
        Rob

Comment

• mbcguru
          • Jul 2001

NP! I'm figuring that's the option that I had seen in the first place and thought it was about polls. Maybe I need a hack? Well, I'll see what others can tell me. Thanks, though!
          Are you a Proud Member?

Comment

• RobAC
            • Jan 2001
            • 3.8.x

I've gone through everything and can't find the option if it exists. I have a feeling it doesn't since, if you really think about it, once you vote in a poll, I believe a cookie is set, because each time you revisit that poll, it automatically shows you the results and doesn't give you the option to cast another vote.

The only thing I can suggest is that if a member wishes to change their vote, have them let a moderator know. The moderators can edit the polls and change the votes.
            Rob

Comment

• mbcguru
              • Jul 2001

Hmmm. Hadn't thought of that. It will work since the only polls that matter that much are things in the moderator's private area anyways. LOL. Otherwise, tough! Wonder if all mods can change, or just the ones listed on the particular forum.
              Are you a Proud Member?

Comment

• bryan kazdan
                • Jan 2003

Changing the Vote

As an administrator I see you can change the vote count, but can you change the associated name?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

You can't. You'd need to do this manually by manipulating the database.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• bryan kazdan
                    • Jan 2003

New Feature?

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    You can't. You'd need to do this manually by manipulating the database.

Will this be a feature of vB3?

Comment

• Skinny
                      • Sep 2003
                      • 3.5.x

Ive just has this arisen on my forums, and would really like this to become an option. I'm surprised it hasn't been. Surely its been considered though. Its quite to vote for the wrong option and then become frustrated if it cant be changed.

Maybe if the vB team dont want to change this, we could request a hack at vb.org ??

#edit# oops, just realised this was for vB2, however im sure it still doesn't exist in vB3 though

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...