Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petermw
    • May 2001

metatag tweak

Wondering if metatags would accept php terms like $post as an example. Not sure if that's the right term, but the object would be to put the post title in the metatag for the page to boost search results for that topic... any thoughts? IS that redundant given that the title is already indexed by search bots?... hmmm....
    Peter
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

There is no function to do this. Honestly I'm not even sure it's possible, but if it is it requires modifying the code.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• SaN-DeeP
      • Dec 2003
      • 1.1.x

metatags under vbulletin can be configured for showthread, forumdisplay and with some alterations also for memberinfo templates and yes they do respect threadtitle, forumtitle tags effectively.

do a little search on this forum for correct tags to be used

As far as for search engine boosts, meta tags are not really important today.
      TechArena - TechArena Community - Technology News - Tools Download - Tech Video - Gamer Guide - Hardware Review

Comment

• petermw
        • May 2001

Thanks I'll look around to see what the proper tags are.
        If not metatags, what is important for search engine boost?
        P

Comment

• SaN-DeeP
          • Dec 2003
          • 1.1.x

If not metatags, what is important for search engine boost?
          trust me thats a very difficult question to answer, but key to get search engine boost is Content..
          And i do agree Content is the King, then you have to figure out an easy way for your site to be accessible by your visitors (SEO)

Regards,
          TechArena - TechArena Community - Technology News - Tools Download - Tech Video - Gamer Guide - Hardware Review

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...