• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeerLuver
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.7.x

Odd MySQL error 1

Hi,

I am using vb 2.2.6 (I know it's old; we're currently in process of upgrading to latest vb 3.x.x. version). So for now until we're ready to upgrade, started getting this odd error as shown below:

==========================
    Database error in vBulletin 2.2.6:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT DISTINCT post.userid, post2.pagetext as pagetext, icon.title as icontitle,icon.iconpath,
    thread.threadid,thread.title,lastpost, forumid,pollid,open,replycount,postusername,postuserid,
    lastposter,thread.dateline,views,thread.iconid,notes,thread.visible,sticky,votetotal,attac h
    FROM thread
    LEFT JOIN icon ON (icon.iconid = thread.iconid)
    LEFT JOIN post ON (thread.threadid = post.threadid AND post.userid = '4') LEFT JOIN post AS post2 ON (thread.firstpostid = post2.postid)
    WHERE thread.threadid IN (0,38955,38967,38926,38995,38993,38973,38961,38954,38931,38946,38894,38899,38895,38827,388 72,38883,38843,38813,38818,38800,38798,38721,38796,38782,38753,36219,2148,29575,35889)
    ORDER BY sticky DESC, lastpost DESC

mysql error: Can't create/write to file '/usr/local/host/mysql20/tmp/#sql_557_1.MYD' (Errcode: 17)

mysql error number: 1

Does anyone have a clue as to what the heck that means? And/or how I can resolve it? I've tried repairing the DB via the vb admin section; repair.php ...as well as tried repairing & optimizing the tables via phpMyAdmin/MySQL area. Funny thing is... when I try repairing the DB from phpMyAdmin... I get the confirmation at the top saying: 'Your SQL-query has been executed successfully' ...yet down below on that same page it will say this:

Error

SQL-query :

SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM `mytablename`

MySQL said:
    Lost connection to MySQL server during query

I am at a total lost & confused point right now on how to resolve this. If anyone has any insight or helpful resolution for this, please post it PLEASE heh. Be forwarned though, I'm no expert with MySQL though, so if you could give it to me in an easy-to-understand or follow lamen's terms type explanation ....that'd be much appreciated. I'll do my best to try to understand all aspects given in a resolution though.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help .

Bob
  • Marco van Herwaarden
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.8.x

OS error code 1: Operation not permitted
    OS error code 17: File exists

You will need to contact your host to resolve these problems. I suggest that you begin with restarting MySQL (or maybe better, the server).

If that doesn't fix this, your host will have to look into why this is happening.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• BeerLuver
      • Jul 2004
      • 3.7.x

OK, thanks. I'll do that in the morning then. Bit late right now; 5am heh. I better get some rest then. Thanks again... I'm hoping it's a server-side issue with their MySQL server/farm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...