X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BenH
    • Apr 2002

Installing vBulletin 2.2.1 on new Windows Machine

Hello,
    I Know i'm using a very old version of vBulletin, but im intrested in knowing if its possible to install this old version ( 2.2.1) on a new mysql / php server versions ( php 5.1.4 / mysql 5.0 ).

Thanks
    Ben
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Probably not. You can try though.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• BenH
      • Apr 2002

Can you please tell me in what versions of mysql / php vbulletin 2 was tested ?
      will it work on mysql 5 / php 4 ?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

It was never tested on those versions for the simple reason that those versions did not exist when 2.2.1 was written. As I said I seriously doubt it will work. The only way to know for sure is to try it.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Ben, I would really advise agasint installing such an old copy of vBulletin esp with the known security issues that it has. If you need the 2.x serries I'd suggest 2.3.9. Otherwise I'd suggest 3.5 or 3.6 once it goes stable.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...