basically vb refuses to send emails full stop

Forum URL: http://digital-forums.com/forum/
    VB Version: 2.0.0
    PHP version: 4.0.5
    MySQL version: 3.23.38
    Apache/webserver version: 1.3.19
    Server operating system: Red Hat Linux 7.1
    Contact Email: admin@digital-forums.com

Could someone please suggest what could be wrong here. All the settings are correct within the actual options - I do believe there is a corruption within the database as this stopped working around upgrade to Beta 3 and the forum crashed a few times (repaired with myisamchk -r /var/lib/mysql/forum/*.MYI)

I would be very greatful if a mod could take a look at the whole database for me and have a go at fixing this for me - please email or PM for login details
    Last edited by Raptor; Fri 1st Jun '01, 8:30am.
    Digital-Forums: www.digital-forums.com | CK3 Games: www.ck3.co.uk

so no one has any clue how to help me ?

surely I should get some support here after paying for the licence ?

Comment

So basically no emails are being sent?

Comment

thanks for the Reply ES

basically anything that uses the sendmail function - my host assures me its setup and working ok

features not working

email notification on post
        lost password email
        email verification on register
        report post to a mod (although this WAS working until vb2.00 upgrade)
        email notification on PM

also members started reporting that the PM popup appears but there is no messages

i'd REALLY appreciate if you could have a look as i've put a great deal of work into this forum and attracted over 25,000 members in less than 5 months

if you need the login details just send me a mail

Comment

Do you have "enable email features" checked to yes in "change options"?

Also see this thread
          http://161.58.84.213/forum/showthrea...threadid=19268
          PC help forums

Comment

of course - all the settings are correct

it has been fixed now anyway - in the end the sendmail function was still scewed

thanks ES for taking a look

Comment

How did it get fixed? Did it just fix itself?

I'm running into the same problem. Just installed 2.0.0 with a fresh download today (6/6).

I am not able to send any emails out. I first tried it with the validation emails, and then tried to send my password back to myself, but nothing seems to go out.

This is an empty board with only 3 accounts, all mine with different email addresses.

Any ideas of what this might be? Could it be that the Mail() function is not working or something?

I just wanted to chime in here because I noticed a few others seem to be having the problem, and I haven't seen any solutions yet.

Thanks,
              Brian
              Brian Shea (G+)
              FallenBrothers.com and SevenSages.com

Comment

I have the same problem. What is the damn solution to it. I have e-mailed multiple people to get some help or hints and no one e-mails back. The one thing I dont like about Vbulletin is the support for it. Its almost non existent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonb
                  I have the same problem. What is the damn solution to it. I have e-mailed multiple people to get some help or hints and no one e-mails back. The one thing I dont like about Vbulletin is the support for it. Its almost non existent.
                  You obviously haven't read these forums very much!
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I look at the forum everyday. Im use to UBB where the support is everywhere. I know Vbulletin is pretty new, but there needs to be more technical support for this product. Im just frustrated because I have e-mailed a few people with no luck and really need to get a solution to the problem. Hell I will pay someone to fix it, I dont care I just need it fixed

Comment

Im use to UBB where the support is everywhere.
                      I emailed UBB support 5 days ago about something and still haven't heard back.

I know Vbulletin is pretty new, but there needs to be more technical support for this product.
                      I'm not sure what else you want - there's a support address for "official" support and these forums which the dev team practically live at as well as the moderators and other users.

Im just frustrated because I have e-mailed a few people with no luck and really need to get a solution to the problem.
                      Have you tried support@vbulletin.com ?

Comment

And, uhh, if you read this thread you'll see the problem had nothing to do with vBulletin:

in the end the sendmail function was still scewed

Comment

but, how was the sendmail 'screwed' ?

I'm having a similar problem, and there is nothing wrong with my sendmail, as far as I can tell.

What should I look for?
                          Brian Shea (G+)

Comment

My info...

MySQL 3.22.32
                            Apache/1.3.4 (Unix)
                            PHP/4.0.3pl1
                            Zend 1.0.3

vb 2.0.0 (it says 2.0.0, but I thought I downloaded 2.0.1 yesterday... NEW install)

No other known email problems on the server. I tried sending mail to myself, on the same server, and then, trying to rule out that it had something to do with looping back to the same server, I sent it to an outside email. Still no mail.

Yes, the email options are on.

site is at http://hedgerow.net/forums (it's an empty board). I've got email verification on, so you will quickly see that it doesn't work when you try to register.

I also can't email the passwords.
                            And I just tried to email a member (myself using another account) and the form says it emailed me, but I am not getting anything.

No one else is having this problem?
                            Last edited by TotalBS; Thu 7th Jun '01, 6:33am.
                            Brian Shea (G+)

Comment

I look at the forum everyday. Im use to UBB where the support is everywhere.
                              Sorry but you seem to be living in an alternate universe. In the universe the rest of us inhabit, UBB 'support' is horrible and certainly nowhere near the support I've seen for vB.

I was a UBB customer and user for one year and I would never go back!
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X