Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sifuhall
    • May 2001

php cookie read

I really like how vBulletin works and I'm making it an integral part of my site.

Previously I had areas where you could subscribe to our newsletter, sign up for some online games,etc. Each area had its own database and you would have to re-sign up in each area you wanted to participate.

Now I going to use the vBulletin database as my main database and when you sign up for the discussion board you will be automatically eligible for the rest (by using the custom user fields you will be able to opt out of areas like the newsletter and such if you choose to).

However, I would like to be able to read the same cookies and such just like vBulletin does (just for user id, I'll make them re-enter the password as verification). Is there a section of code I can look at to get an idea for this?
  • Mike Sullivan
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.6.x

sessions.php has a lot of the info.

But you're looking for the bbuserid cookie.

Comment

• BigDave
      • May 2001

Using Cookies to Login

We are completing a portal site that uses MySQL and PHP that requires a userid and password.

I would like to set up vb so that when the user wants to launch a forum, they do not have to login again. What is the best way to do this?

I thought we would try to write the required information into the vb user file when a user registers on our site, then create the cookie to automatically log the user in.

Is there a better way or has someone done a hack to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for your assitance.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...