Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mas*Mind
    • Jun 2000

email activation codes aren't sent

I've lots of questions from users who don't recieve their email-activation codes...

The strangest thing is that other mails ARE sent (like 'email password', 'email notification' etc..)
  • JWS
    • Aug 2000

Yeah we had that happen a couple of times too.

One of the other things sort of related to that that is happening are users whose accounts are getting kicked from 'Registered' back to 'Awaiting Registration by Email" or whatever that other status is. These are users that have 40 and 50 posts already.

Strange.
    Jamie Sandford, editor
    Maxima.org,
    "The Home for Maxima Enthusiasts"
    http://www.maxima.org
    ------------------------------------------

Rolling backup shell script (v2.0)
    Code to fix error when creating custom profile fields (v2.0b2)
    Code to make a bargraph rating instead of stars (v2.0b2)

Comment

• freehtml
      • Apr 2001
      • 4.1.x

problem

This email verification is giving me problem too...

I had previously enable it ..so that new member will receive a email with the activation code on it........

Atfer they "verified", we receive NO confirmation email stating that the account had been validated.

So in the end I disable this function...

Now every new registration don't had any email......no confirmation email or what

I am using vB 2.0.0

here is the forum link :
      iHu6.com (BETA) - www.ihu6.com

Comment

• Mas*Mind
        • Jun 2000

My problem was because my mail program wasn't properly configured causing some hosts to reject my mail... So, it's no VB problem in my case.

Comment

• tubedogg
          • Feb 2001

Originally posted by JWS
          One of the other things sort of related to that that is happening are users whose accounts are getting kicked from 'Registered' back to 'Awaiting Registration by Email" or whatever that other status is. These are users that have 40 and 50 posts already.
          The only time this should happen is if they change their email address.

Comment

• tubedogg
            • Feb 2001

Re: problem

Originally posted by freehtml
            I had previously enable it ..so that new member will receive a email with the activation code on it........

Atfer they "verified", we receive NO confirmation email stating that the account had been validated.
            You aren't supposed to.

So in the end I disable this function...

Now every new registration don't had any email......no confirmation email or what
            Correct, because you disabled the registration confirmation.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...