Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kaiser_Sose
    • Jul 2000

1.13 to 2.0 error

I uploaded all the files includding the js files as well as the css files , ran upgrade1.php enter my Admin / password and get this error and I know this is the correct u / p because I ran the querry

Warning: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in ./db_mysql.php on line 32

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

============
    ============

And this is what I get in the e - mail

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT user.*,userfield.* FROM user LEFT JOIN userfield ON userfield.userid=user.userid WHERE user.userid='1'
    mysql error: Table 'private_com.userfield' doesn't exist
    mysql error number: 1146
    Date: Tuesday 22nd of May 2001 03:14:57 AM
    Script: /forums/
    Referer:
    Last edited by Kaiser_Sose; Tue 22 May '01, 12:01am.
  • Mike Sullivan
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.6.x

If that's a production server, I highly doubt you're connecting with "root" without a password, so make sure you config.php is set up correctly.

Comment

• Kaiser_Sose
      • Jul 2000

Yes that ws the problem I cant believe I forgot to go back and set up the username and password with the new config

One other thing, after completion it is now the base vbulletin message board like the one here, how do I change it back. I dont usually play around with the board so I am not that familiar but I remeber changing the layout

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
        • Apr 2000
        • 3.6.x

You will have to recustomize.

Comment

• Kaiser_Sose
          • Jul 2000

there was no message or at least I did not see one that stated after completion of the update you will lose the "custimaztion of our board.

Is there any place where this information is saved so I can just copy and paste the headers and footers that were in place before the update

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
            • Apr 2000
            • 3.6.x

The "old templates" set has all your old customizations saved, but they aren't compatible with the 2.0.0 versions.

Comment

• Kaiser_Sose
              • Jul 2000

was it ever disclosed anywhere that the customaztion of your current board will be rendered useless

Comment

• Martin
                • Apr 2000
                • 3.5.x

it has been discussed a million times on this board...
                Webmaster:
                @forumz

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...