Clear All
  • conan
    • Sep 2000

Is this vBulletin

• George L
    Former vBulletin Support
    • May 2000
    • 3.8.x

yes it is.. the owner posted a link in a thread here on this forum i believe
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Jake Bunce
      • Dec 2000
      • 3.6.x

ooooooo. perty.

"Perty... perty flower." -Bambi

Comment

• nuno
        • Apr 2001
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by eva2000
        yes it is.. the owner posted a link in a thread here on this forum i believe

and why doesnt he have the Powered by: vBulletin Version xxxxx
        Copyright ©2000, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
        ??
        You're my Prince of Peace
        And I will live my life for You

Comment

• Menno
          • Apr 2000

that still remains a mistery to many, including myself
          - Insert viable disclaimer here -

ArtBeast!

Comment

• conan
            • Sep 2000

That's exactly why I posted, since there was no copyright and I was pretty sure it was vb 1.1.x made me wonder.

Comment

• clindh
              • Jun 2000

If they changed all the templates, jelsoft does not hold any copyright on the layout so would they need that statement anyway?

I do not understand why sites need to display a Powered by-bla bla when fully licensed. Thats's like if Microsoft added "Edited with Word" on each document I wrote or forced me to put "Powered by IIS" on each web page.

Comment

• klisis
                • May 2000

But it is the license agreement. When I was purchasing Vb license, I agreed the rule to remain the copyright text.

Comment

• Sven
                  • Dec 2000

Originally posted by clindh
                  If they changed all the templates, jelsoft does not hold any copyright on the layout so would they need that statement anyway?

I do not understand why sites need to display a Powered by-bla bla when fully licensed. Thats's like if Microsoft added "Edited with Word" on each document I wrote or forced me to put "Powered by IIS" on each web page.
                  Well if you change the Templates.... that doesn't mean that you changed anything within the program. The PHP Files, all the code required to run the board is still Jelsoft's very own work.

Comment

• clindh
                    • Jun 2000

I understand that, but why do I need to display that fact to my users? They will never see the code... It makes perfect sense to have it on the source code but not on pages displayed by vBulletin.

I think Jelsoft sees this as a way to advertise, not to inform that the underlying code is protected.

Comment

• Kier
                      Former Lead Developer, vBulletin
                      • Sep 2000

Originally posted by clindh
                      I think Jelsoft sees this as a way to advertise, not to inform that the underlying code is protected.
                      It's both, or course. Every product you ever use is branded in some way, and the copyright text is Jelsoft's branding.

Besides which, this is kind of a nothing-argument, as you agreed to display the copyright text the day you paid for vBulletin.

This policy is not going to change in the forseeable future.

Comment

• conan
                        • Sep 2000

Personaly the copy right doesn't bother me at all, I don't like to take credit for other people's work. And the fact that you paid for it, doesn't mean you wrote it

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...