Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcal
    • Feb 2001

RC1 install problem

ive uploaded all the new files, im upgrading from release5 to RC1, when i try to rin this file i get this error

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel: Invalid SQL: ALTER TABLE pollvote ADD INDEX (userid,pollid)
    mysql error: Column 'userid' is used with UNIQUE or INDEX but is not defined as NOT NULL
    mysql error number: 1121
    Date: Tuesday 17th of April 2001 12:43:40 PM
    Script: /forums/admin/upgrade6.php?step=2

any help greatly appreciated
  • mickmel
    • Feb 2001

I had the same problem. To fix it, simply go into the "pollvote" table via phpMyAdmin and change the "pollid" and "userid" to NOT NULL. Then run step two again, and everything should go smoothly.

Mickey
    Google Earth Hacks - Golf Nation
    Screen Dig - That's Pretty Dumb
    Tech Support Humor

Comment

• Trog
      • Feb 2001

I had the exact same problem and used the fix outlined and it worked.

Can developers shed any light on why so many are having this (albeit minor) problem? And does changing the table affect anything major?

Comment

• xcal
        • Feb 2001

ok ive tried changing those values to not null, and i then a an sql error saying

MySQL said: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') UNSIGNED not null ' at line 1

just sussed it though, the value 10 had a ) after it, many thanks for the help, i thought id borked my board up this afternoon :E

Comment

• Abbas Jaffarali
          • Feb 2001

Originally posted by mickmel
          I had the same problem. To fix it, simply go into the "pollvote" table via phpMyAdmin and change the "pollid" and "userid" to NOT NULL. Then run step two again, and everything should go smoothly.

Mickey
          How do you go into phpMyAdmin? is that a file in the package or on the server? Sorry...I'm new to this!

Comment

• NickyNet
            • Mar 2001
            • 4.2.X

just visit
            cheers
            Nicky
            Facebook Covers | Nicky

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...