• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aero1405
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.6.x

Help backing up Database

Hello:

I'm currently trying to back up a database that is beeing used with Vbulletin 2 . My intention is to move to another server and also upgrading to Vb 3.0.7.

The thing is that i'm loging in using telnet to backup using mysqldump and at the the point it starts creating the sql file it says that i have no enough space available for dumping the file ("write failed, file system is full" ).

So, i would like to know if there is a way of creating a backup of that database directly to another host. I have tried connecting from my home computer to another server and then connecting with telnet from there but the mysql host refuses the connection.

P.S: At the moment erasing files on the local host to free space would not be a great idea bearing in mind that i would have to back up everything and would take me a lot of time with my slow connection.

Hope anyone can help (which i know you will )
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

There is no way I know of to direct a backup to another host. If possible, you would have to configure that server to accept this connection from your server.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• aero1405
      • Nov 2004
      • 3.6.x

Unfoutunatelly there is no way of configuring the host to accept remote connections to the mysql host.

So i was wondering if there is a way of dumping the whole database but instead of creating one large sql file (it would be approximately 600 MB), create several sql files with different tables of say 80MB each (which is the space i have available on the host)

Thanks
      Last edited by aero1405; Mon 6 Jun '05, 2:59am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...