X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ancient cries
    • Apr 2005
    • 3.8.x

Announcement Link

I went to edit my announcement and saved the changes and everything, but the link in the threads to it no longer worked. So I deleted the announcement and re-did it. They still don't work. Any ideas? (vB2.3.6)
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

What kind of linkk? BB Code or HTML? Did you check the appropriate boxes? What exactly doesn't work? Do you have a link to one of these announcements?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ancient cries
      • Apr 2005
      • 3.8.x

The link in each forum to the announcement thread. All it does is go to a "page cannot be displayed" sort of thing when you click on the name of the announcement to read it. So it would be an HTML link I suppose.

I dunno how else to explain it... you click the link to read the announcement and it doesn't work.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Can you answer my questions? Also it would be helpful if you provided some links.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ancient cries
          • Apr 2005
          • 3.8.x

I was trying to avoid turning the board online because it's not done yet. But oh well.

Links to what? Uhm... here's one of my forums [click] and you click the Ancient Scroll and it takes you here.

Forgive me, it's an internal server error. I tried uploading the original announcement.php file but nothing happened.

Yes I checked the appropriate boxes but none of those have anything to do with the link to the announcement anyways, so that doesn't matter.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

This is a server issue and has nothing to do with the links in the announcement. The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• ancient cries
              • Apr 2005
              • 3.8.x

How do you upload in ASCII format? Uploading all of the original files will overwrite all of the hacks I've done, right?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Yes, uploading the files will overwrite your hacks. We cannot provide support for forums running hacked code so if you do not want to do this, then you can try asking for help over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...