X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cle
    • Mar 2005

Replacements codes not working

Hi.

I am using vB 2.3.5 and I have a little problem with replacement codes.

I have a board with many styles, using the same Template Set. I have also many hacks installed, including the Logician's hack for templates changing in different conditions.

Now, I have a style that needs a replacement code (and only for that style). The piece of code that I need to replace is this one (using Logician's hack, $adminoptions can be found in showthread template):
    [[($bbuserinfo[usergroupid]==5 OR $bbuserinfo[usergroupid]==6 OR $bbuserinfo[usergroupid]==7)]]$adminoptions[[/($bbuserinfo[usergroupid]==5 OR $bbuserinfo[usergroupid]==6 OR $bbuserinfo[usergroupid]==7)]]
    to
    [[($bbuserinfo[userid]==2 OR $bbuserinfo[userid]==9 OR $bbuserinfo[userid]==24)]]$adminoptions[[/($bbuserinfo[userid]==2 OR $bbuserinfo[userid]==9 OR $bbuserinfo[userid]==24)]]
    Notice the change of numbers and usergroupid to userid.

If I put both of the codes (the first one in "Code to find" and the second one in "Code to insert"), the replacement code seems not to work. I guess it's because of too many characters.

So my question is, is there any way (for example; changing something in the MySQL database) to make this replacement code work?

Thanks in advance.
    - Cle
  • Cle
    • Mar 2005

*bump* Doesn't anyone know a solution for this?

Comment

• Cle
      • Mar 2005

Okay, I posted this like 2 weeks ago. Isn't there any staff who knows an answer to my question? I'm sure someone has the answer.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Sorry I don't. I also tend to pass by issues dealing with hacked forums since I've got quite enough to do supporting our code.

I suspect if there is a character limit, it is hard-coded in the files. For this reason I suggest you ask over at www.vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...