Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fking
    • Nov 2002

someone trying to hack my forum?

Since few months ago i started receiving (from time to time) weird vbulletin errors on my mail

today i got 10s mails with this
    "
    Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

mysql error number: 2002

Date: Monday 27th of December 2004 09:04:47 AM
    Script: /
    Referer: http://groups.msn.com/AcuareladeVenezuela/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=13748&LastModified=4675503308469595859
    "

before i was getting similar, but with some IP instead of groups.msn.com
    i guess someone is trying to hack my forum?
    someone else experiencing this, is there a risk?
    Arcade Games - Some free fun for the free time!
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

This message tells me that the vBulletin scripts can't make a connection to the database. The MySQL server might be down. Check with your hosting provider why it is down.

That referral script doens't appear to have any exploit like variables in it. I think it is from MSN webmail message (where someone clicked the link in the email).

If you want to avoid running the risk of being exploited I suggest to upgrade PHP to version 4.3.10 and your Zend optimizer too. Also upgrade your forum software to either version 2.3.5 or 3.0.3 if you haven't already.

Additionally you could add .htaccess directory password protection to your admin and mod control panel directories.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...