Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DR7
    • Mar 2001

Modertaing via COPPA??

I am having problem trying moderate people that I want to be able to sign up but have to wait for my approval before they can post. In options I selected the feature "Moderate New Members" and notice they are being added to the COPPA list ,now my question is when I go to the COPPA list and attempt to change them to registered to approve them they stay in the COPPA list?? shouldnt they be removed? could someone please fill me in exactly on how this works, I have read the VBB help file but it doesnt go in depth at all about this and leaves a person wondering...

Basically what it comes down to is I need them all to be verified by me first before they can post and would like after I approve them they move from the COPPA list to the Registered list, possibly I need to update users for them to dissapear from the COPPA list...though this would be a real pain if I had to do this each time with over 10k members :*(
  • Gunsmoke2 - GS2
    • Apr 2001

Hi Mr DR7,

"**Those who are very skilled with VBB + security, perl,cgi, I-bill e-commerce and all around know how to control large sites I may be looking for a part time and possibly a full time employee, feel free to contact me

DR7

It seems you are having alot of problems.. Wow what bad luck.. Read.. Read and then Read again

I know alot of people skilled with the use of VBB + security and all who can probably help you out of your situation.

Please feel free to visit www.innermatrix.net ( not **** ) at anytime. There are many willing to step in at a moments notice.

Just mention my name and I kid you not at all the response you will get hope this is the answer you been waiting for... hang in there.

Glad to be of assistance

Cheers

GS2

Comment

• risestar
      • Apr 2000

Hello DR7,

As you know I am quite familiar with the VB and php with mysql, as I have used it on my site since VB was about a week old.

Unfortunately, with you having only 10 000 members, I am afraid that you would not be able to afford my services.

Please feel free to look me up, when you become a big time player.

Regards,

Risestar

Comment

• Gunsmoke2 - GS2
        • Apr 2001

Hello Mr risestar,

Out of curiousty I located the site belonging to Mr DR7. I noticed there was less then 10,000 members but what struck me it seemed like a ghost town.

With your vast knowledge and experience Mr risestar could a site fabricate its real numbers of members to create an illusion ? I never thought of that and would appreciate your input on this

Thanks for your attention

GS2

Last edited by Gunsmoke2 - GS2; Sun 15 Apr '01, 1:03pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...