Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sylvus
    • Apr 2003

Error that I cannot fix

Any attempt to run repair.php?check=1&iterations=4 returns with the same error that is noted below.

Code:
    'Database error in vBulletin 2.3.0:

Invalid SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) AS users,MAX(userid) AS max FROM user
    mysql error: Can't open file: 'user.MYD'. (errno: 145)

mysql error number: 1016
    I know what the error is. REPAIR user table would fix this, but I do not have any sort of third party database access program to view the tables in the forum database. Normally I would use query.php, a quick little program that can run a query when I require to do so, but even this returns with the same error as above.

Helpless,

Syl...
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Go into phpmyadmin and run this query

REPAIR TABLE user;

Comment

• Sylvus
      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Zachery
      Go into phpmyadmin and run this query

REPAIR TABLE user;

As posted above.

"but I do not have any sort of third party database access program to view the tables in the forum database."

Feeling even more helpless,

Syl...

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

You dont have Cpanel?

You can download it and install it for your forums, if you want you can pm me with an ftp login and your database username / password i will install / config phpmyadmin for you.

Comment

• Sylvus
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Zachery
          You dont have Cpanel?

You can download it and install it for your forums, if you want you can pm me with an ftp login and your database username / password i will install / config phpmyadmin for you.
          It's alright. Don't trouble yourself like this on a Saturday my good man. I took it upon myself to download it and set it up. It's never a good thing when someone else has to do the work for you. Appreciate the offer though.

I ran the query you suggested via phpMyAdmin and I am now able to log-in and run the repair.php file.

Here's my question. What causes the user table to become corrupted like this? Is there something I can do or tweak to avoid in the future?

Syl...
          Last edited by Sylvus; Sat 12 Jun '04, 9:41am.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Older versions of mysql are more prone to table cruption, mysql 3.x and mysql 4.0.15 and below.

I know a few reasons but they are rather rare

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...