Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hoopie
    • Nov 2003

Guests on my Board???

Can some please tell me how I can make sure that NO guests are permitted to view or log onto my message forums.

I thought that I have done everything correctly by going into "User Groups" and turning off certain forum permissions.

What I am trying to do is ONLY allow registered members to view and have access to my board. But I continue to see you have "Blank" numbers of members and "Blank" number of guests.

I am assuming that these guests are reading the posts on my forums.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    "Hoopie"
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

If your permissions are set correclty you may still be getting guests but they are getting a no permissions screen.

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

Hi there,

You might want to have a look at this feature:

The View Permissions (Forums & Moderators > View Permissions) section allows you to view what permissions a specific usergroup will have in a forum. This allows you to check that you have setup your forum-permission structure correctly.

Comment

• VirusEJ
        • May 2003
        • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

in VB2 it is just called "Permissions" but thats being padantic - hehe

BUT you could also check:

User Groups > Modify

Then set groups like Unregistered / Not Logged In to not be able to log in.

David

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Whoopsy, I overlooked this was a vb2 question

Comment

• Xube
            • Oct 2001

Originally posted by Hoopie
            Can some please tell me how I can make sure that NO guests are permitted to view or log onto my message forums.

I thought that I have done everything correctly by going into "User Groups" and turning off certain forum permissions.

What I am trying to do is ONLY allow registered members to view and have access to my board. But I continue to see you have "Blank" numbers of members and "Blank" number of guests.

I am assuming that these guests are reading the posts on my forums.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
            "Hoopie"

Hoopie, to see exactly where these uninvited guest are at on your board, make sure you have guests enabled...

AdminCP ==> vBulletin options ==> who's online ==> enable guests [yes]

...then click on the Who's Online hyperlink that appears on your forum homepage (the hyperlink is somewhat disguised. It is contained within the "there are ## users browsing the board" area near where it shows you who is online). Clicking on the hyperlink will show you WHERE the guest are reading (or attempting to read) your forums. Most all of the guests should show as being on the forum homepage as they will not be able to get in any further without previously having a link to some thread inside. If you have guests turned off properly they still won't be able to see threads but the who's online will indicate that they are reading that particular thread.

To disallow unregistered from seeing the forums you go to...

Admin CP ==> User Groups ==> Modify ==> Unregistered/Not logged in edit ==> click NO in all the yes/no option fields

One final thing: If you prefer to disallow the unregistered users from seeing certain or all forums by making changes in the individual forums permissions areas...

AdminCP ==> Forums & Moderators ==> Permissions ==> Unregistered/Not Logged on Edit

Don't forget to click on the "Use Custom Settings" option. If you don't do this, the settings for the Unregistered/Not Logged in user group will OVERRIDE the settings for the Forum view permissions.
            :p -=Xube ®
            ...it's just technology

Comment