I have a problem wich is bizarre with VB.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SiniS
    • Apr 2002

I have a problem wich is bizarre with VB.

Hi there,

I got a weird problem here, and I dunno the cause of it. I just transfered my Vb to another server, and everything is working fine... BUT when I click on the forums, and message, SOMETIMES (it doesn't happen everytimes... only 1 time outta 30) it doesn't load the right page but a page with only ">".

> And the source is only ">" too... when I refresh it loads the proper page.

How can I fix this problem?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

If it's not consistent then it's almost certainly a server issue. Not sure what the exact cause is though.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• SiniS
      • Apr 2002

When I transfered my VB, I simply copy/pasted the files from my old server to my new. Was I supposed to run the install.php file again or something??

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

You also need to backup and restore the database:

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• SiniS
          • Apr 2002

Database is working... I got all my members & messages already, but I'll check with my host to try to fix this problem.

Comment

• SiniS
            • Apr 2002

Originally posted by SiniS
            When I transfered my VB, I simply copy/pasted the files from my old server to my new. Was I supposed to run the install.php file again or something??
            Was I supposed to run the install.php file on the new server?

I got problem with some functions... like the custom titles, custom avatars, editings post.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

No, you do not run install.php again. If you copied the files and restored the original database, then it should work exactly like before. If you are having new problems then either something did not get transferred correctly, or something on the new server is at fault.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Xube
                • Oct 2001

Originally posted by SiniS
                ...but if you copy/pasted the files into the new area rather than downloaded/uploaded them to the new server, a simple copy/pasting mistake like not highlighting some or even just ONE character (something like the final bracket > or something like that) from one of the files is more likely to occur in this method of file transfer process, yes?

(Suggestion may not apply or help you in this case, but the "copy/pasted the files" thing really stood out to me when I initially read your post.)
                :p -=Xube ®
                ...it's just technology

Comment

• SiniS
                  • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Xube
                  ...but if you copy/pasted the files into the new area rather than downloaded/uploaded them to the new server, a simple copy/pasting mistake like not highlighting some or even just ONE character (something like the final bracket > or something like that) from one of the files is more likely to occur in this method of file transfer process, yes?

(Suggestion may not apply or help you in this case, but the "copy/pasted the files" thing really stood out to me when I initially read your post.)
                  Sorry... I meant copy paste the files (I copied all the forum files)... not the file source 1 by 1.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...