• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ^SS^
    • Mar 2004
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Attachements from db to files??

Hello all!

I have a problem, i am running vb but in my db i see that attachements inside db is 1/2GB!!! The problem is that sql server have been very unstable with this big db.

So my question is, how do i can convert all attachements which is in the database to files in one folder ??
    So after i delete them from the db and have a stable sql server like before...

Is there any way to do this? And if there is a way to convert them, inside the posts the attachements links can be modified to work ok???

Sorry for my bad english
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You can only do this in vB3 with out hacking.

If your server is running slowly / unstably you should ask Eva2000 for a server tune up, granted your on a dedicated server.

Comment

• ^SS^
      • Mar 2004
      • 3.0.0 'Gold'

I am thinking upgrading in vb3 but i am afraid maybe because the db is very very big (600MB) if there is a problem when i turn to vb3....

So, to sum up, you say if i upgrade to vb3, without a hack, i can convert all attachements from db to files??

Thanks a lot for replying

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

So, to sum up, you say if i upgrade to vb3, without a hack, i can convert all attachements from db to files??
        Yes its a standard feature in vBulletin 3

I just upgraded a large forum (not quite as large as that) and it was heavly hacked, we didnt have any problems. but each situtaion is differnt, so i couldnt tell you if you would or wouldnt have a problem

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...