X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gary Fischman
    • Jan 2001
    • 3.0.10+

UBB->vB Importer Questions

I'm finally getting serious about migrating to vB. My forum has about 20,000 users, 45 forums, and around 1,000,000 posts. I need to fully understand what I will be facing when importing.

I'm moving from UBB.classic 6.5 to vBulletin 2.3.4.

1) Do I need to perform the import using a user ID that doesn't already exist in the source forum to avoid overwriting my admin?
    2) About how long will the import take on a dual 1 GHz P-III? (Ballpark - 30 minutes? 6 hours? 3 days?)
    3) What does the import process preserve? Specifically:

a) User profile info?
    b) Custom user profile fields if they're defined in advance in vB?
    c) Custom user titles?
    d) User permissions to access private forums?
    e) User avatars?
    f) Ban status?
    g) Forum access restrictions, i.e. private forums and archives?
    h) Moderators of each forum?
    i) Moderator status for users?
    j) Forum categories?
    k) Private messages?
    l) IP bans?

4) I want to run a "test" import before actually cutting the users over. After doing this and testing, I want to do a final cutover. Can I "unimport"? Are there step by step instructions to allow me to do an import again and not end up with doubles of anything? (I know I can simply re-install the database, but I don't want to lose my site configurations, templates, etc.)

Sorry for the long-winded questions, but this is a big deal and affects a large community, so I want to make sure I have all my homework done in advance.

Thanks!

The current ubb 6 import script works with 6.3 - 6.5 and imports:

Private messages
    Ban status
    members
    threads
    forums (categories are forums in vB also (of a diff type) they are imported)
    Moderator status
    Smilies
    Style colors and mabey other misc settings

And probbly some stuff I missed.

The import script allows you to assocate ubb members to current vB members, so just install vBulletin as you normally would then assocate the vB admin acount to your ubb admin acount.

There are also a range of tools to prevent dublication, when importing you are givin the option of using ubb login name or ubbs public display name as the vB username.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...