• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glo
    • Jul 2002

Log out problem

When i click the log out link,

the following errors appear momentarily:
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/glo/public_html/forums/global.php:376) in /home/glo/public_html/forums/admin/functions.php on line 1683

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/glo/public_html/forums/global.php:376) in /home/glo/public_html/forums/admin/functions.php on line 1683

With a confirmation that I have been logged out, but then it returns me to the Index page, showing me still logged in!!!

What can i do???
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Reupload the original functions.php file from the vB zip file. Make sure you upload in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• glo
      • Jul 2002

Thanks Steve,

that error also appears at the top of the page (for signed in members) when viewing a thread .

Woudl this rectify that also?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Using the original vB files should fix this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• glo
          • Jul 2002

Hi Steve, tried that with out any luck!

Im open to other suggestions.

GLO

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Revert all your tempaltes.

Comment

Have you modified the phpinclude template by chance?

Comment

• glo
                • Jul 2002

no, modification to that file.

note: the really odd thing is that when i am not logged in, i dont get the error at the top of the showthread, but if i am logged in it appears! As well as when i log out!

Comment

What type of server are you on?

Are you running on apache 2? try adding this to your config.php:

PHP Code:
                  define('USE_COOKIE_WORKAROUND'1); 

Comment

• glo
                    • Jul 2002

Hi Brad,

My php info page is http://www.glo-racing.com/forums/phpinfo.php

It was working before but my host had reloaded the forums folder.

I am running 2 vb hack, vbmicrostats and recently vbpopup.

These 2 hacks apply minor additions to the code of functions.php and one of them to admin/global.php

I am in the process of removing these hacks to see what differences it makes.

Comment

Ah the explains it, you have added something that is sending information to the browser after headers have been sent.

Comment

• glo
                        • Jul 2002

removal of the hacks hopefully should restore this, but i thought it odd that the error message only applied to members who were signed in.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by glo
                          Hi Steve, tried that with out any luck!

Im open to other suggestions.

GLO
                          Actually you couldn't have tried my suggestion since you are running hacked files:

Originally posted by glo
                          I am running 2 vb hack, vbmicrostats and recently vbpopup.
                          Please note, we cannot provide official support for forums running modified code. The choices are to revert to the original vB files and code, or to see if you can get help at vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...