X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • prosfora
    • Jul 2003

Change the date of a post

Hello guys!!

I know it is a bit difficult but is it possible to change the date of post? I have some posts that need to change their posting date and mkae them current due to the fact that these old posts (june) have not fullfill their goal. But in the forum look like too old and people reading them by watching the date they think that these post are old thus are not valid.
    How do I change the post dates thus make them brand new posted?

Thanks anyway..
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Erm, you could just "bump" the post by making a reply in it, theres no way vBulletin can do this by default, at least not to my knowings. you can try asking at vBulletin.org.

Comment

• BenSjoberg
      • Jun 2003

The only way to do this in vB is to go into a db manager (such as phpMyAdmin) and manually change the timestamp.
      http://www.wdwforum.net/smallsig.php

Comment

• prosfora
        • Jul 2003

I should decode the strange number first

On myDB I have editdate with the strange format below and all dates that I could possibly play and see what happens look like this...any ideas ?

below is the number

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
          • May 2002
          • 1.1.x

That is a Unix timestamp, the number of seconds since January 1, 1970.

There is a hack at vBulletin.org, I believe by Xenon, that allows you to change the date of a post. Or, you could get out your handy-dandy calculator and attempt to change the date by hand.

Comment

• Cary
            • Apr 2002
            • 3.6.x

...or you could use the tool available at http://www.theukwebdesigncompany.com...-convertor.php to get a timestamp to edit it through a program like phpMyAdmin (as Ben suggested)

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
              • May 2002
              • 1.1.x

That works as well.

Comment

• Grover
                • May 2001
                • 3.8.x

Actually, I think that this should be a feature in VB3.1 (I know, this is the VB2 forum, so I will post a suggestion overthere). This feature could be very useful for a lot of people : I myself want to use it to sort my sticky-posts inside a thread for example.
                How much do you love XenForo?

Comment