Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Morgo
    • May 2000

View Counter Not Counting Properly

I have noticed that several threads on my site have not had the views counting properly. These threads all had the common characteristic of being spread out over two or more pages.

What I have found is that if you click on the thread name to enter the discussion the view is added to the total. However, if you click on the page number to jump to a particular page then this isn't counted.

For an example see the "U.S. versus Canada Missions" thread at: [url]http://208.56.39.244/forumdisplay.php?forumid=83[/url]
  • John
    • Apr 2000

The view counter only counts views of the first page of a thread. This is to prevent the thread being counted several times when people view the later pages.

John
    John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

• werehere
      • Apr 2000

hmmm...

I dont know about every one else, but I want the highest numbers possible and I believe that would still be a page view even if it was to other pages than the first. Anyone else agree?:)
      We're Here Forums!
      [email protected]

Comment

• stv
        • Apr 2000

agree

I agree, How about a user name can only add to views once per session... but what ever page the person goes to it should count it once...

Comment

• werehere
          • Apr 2000

[quote]I agree, How about a user name can only add to views once per session... [/quote]

I personaly do not like that either. I believe it should be a count for every page view no matter what, because it is technically a page view IMO :)
          We're Here Forums!
          [email protected]

Comment

• John
            • Apr 2000

OK - I'll sort it so that they all get counted.

John
            John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...