Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stv
    • Apr 2000

cookies

The cookies are really a mess right now on this board. They weren't working for me for a while then for the last week or two they have been fine... and then now i look and it says i am not logged in but when i got to the post page it knows my user name and password... So i logged out and then if i go to post it tells me to login so i do that and now it knows my user name and pass when i try to post but i am not logged in on on the main page...

I haven't seen the code but i think the board needs one universal check to see if you are logged in... It should look if you have a cookie and the data is good log you in if that data is bad tell you and if there is not cookie tell you are logged out and give you the option to login...

Steven
  • jfs
    • May 2000

To add more fuel to the fire ....

I was having a cookie problem too, my initial registration cookie was made but not recognized. I deleted it and a new cookie was set which now works. I can psot replies automatically w/o having to user/passwd ever time.

However, when I click on IP LOGGED for a particualr message the board does not automatically know me.

jfs

Comment

• someone
      • Apr 2000

I have this cookie problem as well, but that's because I'm switching between my vB board and this one all the time.

Probably it saves user & password of the two different boards into the same cookie, which overwrites each time.

If this is the case, then john has to figure out a unique cookie for everyboard (by using the boardtitle in the cookie ie).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...