X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pauliu
    • Dec 2000

Best way to upgrade from UBB lite to VB

Hi,

I am using UBB lite (Free version) for our club. Today I decided to buy VB hope can provide better BB service to our members.

Unfortunately after I bought, I found that the data cannot be transferred from UBB lite to VB. This is my fault, I didn't read the articles here before purchase.

I know some geniuses here found the way to do it, but I could not found any detail or procedure in this forum. Could anybody give me some hints or links about the method?

Thanks!
    Paul
  • werehere
    • Apr 2000

Hopefully Ed Sullivan will stop by and give you some hints. :)
    We're Here Forums!
    [email protected]

Comment

• pauliu
      • Dec 2000

Cannot wait... Actually nothing to do in X'mas :D

I am writing some conversion utilities by using very very old compiler Clipper 5. Now already transferred the Members List, but the threads are quite difficult to make it.

Paul

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Apr 2000
        • 3.6.x

Well, being that I did it bout 8 months ago, I don't know how much I can help. :) But I'll try.

1. Install memberlist hack to generate memberlist
        2. Change memberlist delimiter in import.php (and make sure you grab the username from the member's info - NOT the memberlist. "_"!= " ")
        3. Freeware stores all member info on 1 line, so you'll have to split the first line of the member file
        4. Rename the RunOnDate.threads to forumX.threads (or .thread -- I forget)
        5. You'll then have to change a lot of fields because they point to the wrong thing.

Keep in mind that my freeware barely resembled a freeware board so it was probably easier for me to import. Also, I did this with very little PHP knowledge, but I did have significant Perl (well, it _was_ significant :)) knowledge.

Comment

• pauliu
          • Dec 2000

Thank you very much for your help.

I passed this project to my company, they made a conversion program to move users and threads data from UBB Lite to VB and now my club's VB is well running. :D

[url]http://reefclub.org/forum/index.php[/url]

I like VB! :cool:

Paul

Comment

• TB2
            • May 2000

Is there a chance to get this program?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...