X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cr4z33
    • Nov 2000

What does this MySQL error mean?

Is there any fix for this plz? :(

[code]Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT forumid,canview,cansearch,canemail,canpostnew,canreply,canadminedit,canedit,candelete,canopenclose,canmove FROM forumpermission WHERE usergroupid=7
    mysql error: Can't find file: 'forumpermission.ISM' (errno: 2)
    mysql error number: 1017
    Date: Friday 08th of December 2000 07:20:09 AM
    Script: /forums/index.php
    Referer:[/code]
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

One of your database files is missing.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Cr4z33
      • Nov 2000

Hehe, I know. :)
      I only wanted to know if there's a chance to get the table fixed somehow?

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
        • Jun 2000
        • 4.0.x

Since it's the ISM file, I *think* you can just run the isamchk command to recreate the index file (ISM) from the data contained in your data file. Otherwise you may need to restore from a backup.

-Chris

Comment

• Cr4z33
          • Nov 2000

Ok, thank you. :)

Comment

• shashi
            • Sep 2000

also, you didn't mention if you were getting this error more than once. reason being that i have sometimes got the same error "can't find file" and not with vB!! and when i do the same query again, it is fine!

i think it sometimes happens if you do a lot of queries quickly and end up having too many tables open. what i was doing was inserting lot of values in many tables. the actual file that it complained about was still around.

just check if that is your problem. maybe it is all gone already after you did the (my)isamchk

Comment

• Cr4z33
              • Nov 2000

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shashi [/i]
              [B]also, you didn't mention if you were getting this error more than once. reason being that i have sometimes got the same error "can't find file" and not with vB!! and when i do the same query again, it is fine!

i think it sometimes happens if you do a lot of queries quickly and end up having too many tables open. what i was doing was inserting lot of values in many tables. the actual file that it complained about was still around.

just check if that is your problem. maybe it is all gone already after you did the (my)isamchk
              [/B][/QUOTE]

Tnx for the tip. :)
              I know I have to use isamchk as it's an .ISM file but dunno the right MySQL syntax command once I'm "telneted" on the site. I checked the MySQL manual but after inserting
              [code]isamchk -e filename.ism[code]
              nothing happens...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...