X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martin
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.5.x

HUGE bug...

This is one that's going to get everyone running this proggie *tons* of "wtf????" e-mails.

I was looking for an older post about use of the mysqld command (I remember seeing john posting about it). I have my default set to see 10 days worth of threads and I know the topic is older than that, so at the top of the forum page I selected "show all".
    Once I selected "show all" it showed me 2 pages. I clicked on the link for the second page and it brought m to a page to the dark blue top and bottoms with nothing in between. When I looked at the drop-down list, it had reverted to showing 10 days.
    I went to my profile and set my default at 100 days and the second page showed up fine.

Now, I can get around this by setting the forum default to 30 days (since we prune most forums after 30) but if the user decides to override me it's going to cause problems.
    Webmaster:
    @forumz
  • Parker Clack
    • Apr 2000

One this board if you chose anything over 30 days it shows the number of pages at the bottom as 2 or 3 but there is nothing displayed in those areas except the top and bottom of the tables.

Parker

Comment

• Menno
      • Apr 2000

Buh, have the same thing at my forums
      - Insert viable disclaimer here -

ArtBeast!

Comment

• Martin
        • Apr 2000
        • 3.5.x

what's happening is that the selection box on top of the forums isn't able to override the default set in the user's profile. I changed my profile to show 100 days and it works fine now as long as I don't need to see any topics over 100 days old.
        Webmaster:
        @forumz

Comment

• jimbo
          • Apr 2000

It works fine on my board; then again my profile is set to "show all topics", and I changed it to show from the last 30 days; it worked fine...

Are you running v1.1.1?

Comment

• Herb
            • Apr 2000

there definately is a prob

In this forum.. Choose view last 60 days.. At the bottom of the resulting page it shows you a link for 3 pages.. When you click on page 2 There are only 10 or 15 or so threads and the page count at the bottom is 2..

If you select page 3 from the first results page you go to any empty thread page and the page links are 2!!

Try it.. I believe there is a bug..
            The Cannabis Edge

Comment

• John
              • Apr 2000

Bug acknowledged...added to my to-be-squished list.

Thanks,
              John
              John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...